Boat has docked then?

By Dog0987, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I'm pretty sure everyone who buys the game is going to have be the Imperials during the first campaign :P

On that note, does anyone know if there are plans to release more campaigns of if they just assume we'll make our own?

I'd love to be both Imperial and Rebel player at some point but if I play through the campaign once, some of the surprises will be gone.

I'm assuming that they'll provide an Imperial Assault Scenario Builder, just as they did for Descent 2.0. If that's the case, it'll be pretty easy to find new campaign material, after people have a few months to design and post their own creations. http://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/

Myself, I'm not particularly worried about repeating some of the missions. I remember that in Dungeons and Dragons I went through the Village of Hommlet with 2 different characters, and I had a blast both times. Certainly, the surprise will be gone on the second time through, but the game will still be fun.

Edited by thereisnotry

I'm pretty sure everyone who buys the game is going to have be the Imperials during the first campaign :P

On that note, does anyone know if there are plans to release more campaigns of if they just assume we'll make our own?

I'd love to be both Imperial and Rebel player at some point but if I play through the campaign once, some of the surprises will be gone.

There are no future plans for additional campaigns at this point.

Like I've mentioned in another thread, rebel troopers/rebel saboteurs have a reinforcement cost which could suggest an Imperial Heroes/Rebel Overlord campaign. Who knows.

In regards to replay ability, it comes with 30/32 mission (can't recall) but you will only play 11-13 of those each time you go through a campaign. If you win or lose it takes you on different tracks. And there are umpteen side mission and they get drawn randomly. So you'll be fine replaying it

There are no future plans for additional campaigns at this point.

Like I've mentioned in another thread, rebel troopers/rebel saboteurs have a reinforcement cost which could suggest an Imperial Heroes/Rebel Overlord campaign. Who knows.

They work a year-two years a head so I am pretty there are more campaigns in the works. FFG doesn't come out with games without looking into the future.

Myself, I'm not particularly worried about repeating some of the missions. I remember that in Dungeons and Dragons I went through the Village of Hommlet with 2 different characters, and I had a blast both times. Certainly, the surprise will be gone on the second time through, but the game will still be fun.

You went through the Village of Hommlet twice? Young whipper snapper.

You have to go through it at least four times to understand the fine nuances of the Moathouse. :lol:

I think I played it as a player then ran it as a DM five times.

Now the rest of you kids, get off my lawn !

No to steer anyone away from D&D battle stories..... I just pre-ordered a 2nd copy of Imperial Assualt from Miniature Market it says "Ready to Ship" and my first copy still says "Processing Shipment". 1st order has the expansion packs and the second Order is just the game. I wonder if it's actually shipping soon?

No to steer anyone away from D&D battle stories..... I just pre-ordered a 2nd copy of Imperial Assualt from Miniature Market it says "Ready to Ship" and my first copy still says "Processing Shipment". 1st order has the expansion packs and the second Order is just the game. I wonder if it's actually shipping soon?

Soon is right. I mean, just check out this tweet by fantasy flight:

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/539543261699125248

I can't wait for an official release date. I wanna start my countdown :lol:

Sweet find!!!

Soon™

I just want to know where todays preview is it is Preview Tuesday lol..........A release date would be nice too

Edited by Jonnyb815

Does any one know about shiping process and Europe release? Can we expect it at least with Amazon by the US release date? I mean we folks in good ol'europe would die to have it around at Xmas too :D

Edited by Battleshark

I asked Bergsala Enigna, the FFG distributer in Denmark and he told me the game is expected to be in stores in week 51

I asked Bergsala Enigna, the FFG distributer in Denmark and he told me the game is expected to be in stores in week 51

Fingers crossed it's available early in week 51 then, or I won't be able to get it before I leave home for Christmas...

I contacted FFG Customer support and asked if I should expect this by Christmas (I explained I plan on giving a few friends the game as a gift if it will be out). The response I got was that "there is a very strong chance that they will hit the Q4 deadline."

I hope this is true, I know trusting customer support e-mails is tenuous at best, but I took this as a good indication.

Well that's good to hear. Of course, there's a week after Christmas that's part of Q4 as well...

The price just went up $4 today on CSI and MM both, seemingly simultaneously. Also, the expansion packs are no longer available for pre-order on CSI. Wonder if that means anything. :ph34r:

Amazon.com just posted more pre-orders and I'm seeing multiple different sites now showing pre-orders available. I just got mine off a Canadian site that wasn't listed more than an hour ago.

My local comic book store also said that they were able to place their order yesterday.

Hope this helps some folks :)

The price just went up $4 today on CSI and MM both, seemingly simultaneously. Also, the expansion packs are no longer available for pre-order on CSI. Wonder if that means anything. :ph34r:

The expansion packs are back up, looks like they went up as well. Wow, I'm really glad that I pre-ordered early.

Also on Miniature Marker today it "Sold Out" then was re-listed with the $5 increase price.

Just got an e-mail from my FLGS. He says that his distributor has copies in their warehouses, but only a few of their warehouses. Definitely off the boat though...

Just got an e-mail from my FLGS. He says that his distributor has copies in their warehouses, but only a few of their warehouses. Definitely off the boat though...

Just curious, where are you located. Might give an idea as to how far things have to go before they drop.

Edited by JudgeShamgar

I saw today that "Battlelore: Command" updated to "in store" this morning, even though it went live 9 days ago - I'm thinking the "Upcoming" page may be out of date.

Amazon UK updated Core Set to 9th of January now. Considering they started at October 2015, its getting closer lol!