Pre-order update from Amazon

By mazz0, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

According to Amazon they've had an update from the supplier and it's now expected in October 2015.

Must be a slow boat.

That's not a boat ... more like a surf board ...

yea, hardly gonna do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs! and with an immense hike in price that would make Jabba blush!

glad i ordered mine a while back. i have contacted them several times to explain its due in q4 but they wont believe me. they also wont believe that ally & villian packs will be available in q1 2015. i want to preorder asap before they a) run out (ffg stuff flies fast here!) and b) hike the price. Armada is still preorder at £59 though!

I assume no one from FFG actually reads either these forums or their Facebook page? if by chance you do, please give amazon a correct estimate!

yea, hardly gonna do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs! and with an immense hike in price that would make Jabba blush!

glad i ordered mine a while back. i have contacted them several times to explain its due in q4 but they wont believe me. they also wont believe that ally & villian packs will be available in q1 2015. i want to preorder asap before they a) run out (ffg stuff flies fast here!) and b) hike the price. Armada is still preorder at £59 though!

I assume no one from FFG actually reads either these forums or their Facebook page? if by chance you do, please give amazon a correct estimate!

I'd rather they didn't, I want Amazon to keep guessing crazy prices and gives us the lowest ones! You locked in at £60ish for both?

Can't seem to actually find it on Amazon. Anyone got the ASIN?

I'd rather they didn't, I want Amazon to keep guessing crazy prices and gives us the lowest ones! You locked in at £60ish for both?

Yea, IA £61 and Armade £59.

Edited by Dog0987

Travelling man, Newcastle, UK. Has a tentative arrival date of the beginning of December.

Interestingly enough a very reliable ebay shipper is promising Imperial Assault will ship between December 31 and January 2 and Armada ships between December 21 and December 24.

I still have hopes Imperial Assault will ship before Christmas, and I am hoping for Armada before February ends.

Travelling man, Newcastle, UK. Has a tentative arrival date of the beginning of December.

Ah, I shop in the Travelling Man Leeds branch. Just need confirmation of price and estimated arrival time from them before my Amazon order is dispatched, but they never know what's coming in till it arrives, let alone how much it will be, so I think Amazon it will be.

Two thoughts on this

1. The new film is out December 2015. Have the and powers that be put a hold on star wars releases till then. Marvel also owned by Disney did this with the release of Legendary expansions to coincide with movie releases.

2. Amazon may shoot the date up to avoid broken promises over Xmas and to deter pre orders if they expect the price to go up. I've got it on pre order Price guarantee. So I reckon they might be playing dirty to get me to cancel.

Edited by The Thing In The Attic

2. Amazon may shoot the date up to avoid broken promises over Xmas and to deter pre orders if they expect the price to go up. I've got it on pre order Price guarantee. So I reckon they might be playing dirty to get me to cancel.

you could be right. im letting mine ride anyway, enough to do learning the rpg stuff lol!

Esdevium the UK distributor are also expecting the game to arrive in December.

The BoardGameGeek marketplace has IA for £66 on pre-order. Not quite as low as Amazon (was) but it helps support the Geek and independent sellers.

Amazon date changed to Feb 2015, which is what it was originally!

February still aint Q4 2014! I hope it arrives in time for Christmas, as I wasn't planning on taking X-Wing over with me when I visit my family for a few days.

Amazon is an evil corporation spreading filthy lies about release dates! (At least I really hope they are in this case)

Amazon is an evil corporation spreading filthy lies about release dates! (At least I really hope they are in this case)

Fixed.