Vehicle Operators shooting

By galvorbak99, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Are characters who are driving a vehicle fire some (or all, in a fighter crafts case) of the vehicles weapons?

Mmn, this may be a non-answer, but whether the driver can fire a vehicle's weapons or not depends on numerous factors. For one, what kind of vehicle is it? A driver can probably drive a one-person motorbike while firing its built-in weapons, but a driver may mot be able to drive a tank and fire its cannon. Piggybacking on the type of vehicle is the placement of the vehicle's weapons. A driver would have no problem with front-facing weapons, but a rear-facing one? Chances are slim. Lastly, I'd like to mention Cybernetics. Off the top of my head, there are implants for both mind-controlled driving and mind-controlled weapon-firing. A character who treats a vehicle like his own body should be able to fire weapons and drive. Does this help?

Mmn, this may be a non-answer, but whether the driver can fire a vehicle's weapons or not depends on numerous factors. For one, what kind of vehicle is it? A driver can probably drive a one-person motorbike while firing its built-in weapons, but a driver may mot be able to drive a tank and fire its cannon. Piggybacking on the type of vehicle is the placement of the vehicle's weapons. A driver would have no problem with front-facing weapons, but a rear-facing one? Chances are slim. Lastly, I'd like to mention Cybernetics. Off the top of my head, there are implants for both mind-controlled driving and mind-controlled weapon-firing. A character who treats a vehicle like his own body should be able to fire weapons and drive. Does this help?