type of locations...

By Deatheux, in Age of Conan

hi,

1ne: can you confirm if Hyperborea & Nordheim are coastal provinces or not?

2wo: when a card refers to "Central Hyboria" can we use the key locations on the strategy cards??

thx

Deatheux said:

hi,

1ne: can you confirm if Hyperborea & Nordheim are coastal provinces or not?

2wo: when a card refers to "Central Hyboria" can we use the key locations on the strategy cards??

thx

Check this thread for "Nordheim": http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=112&efcid=1&efidt=101294

I thought perhaps it should be coastal, so it would have equal opportunity at the "two non-adjacent coastal provinces" Objective card. Designer says "No".

I've played many games since then, and Hyperborea has no disadvantage that I can see due to Nordheim being "landlocked" (or, in this case, "adventure card draw space locked").

Not sure I understand question two. The only cards I can think of which mention central Hyboria are the Objective cards. What are the "key locations" to which you refer?

TK

"""Not sure I understand question two. The only cards I can think of which mention central Hyboria are the Objective cards. What are the "key locations" to which you refer?"""

on the strategy cards, in the intrigue part, you have a mini map showing 2-3 // 2-4, the locations written are like north, south... then Central Hyboria, so i wonder if this mini map is shiwing the Central Hyboria related on some objective cards...

thx!

2-3 locations are in play when you have less than 4 players. 2-4 means only these regions are keyed to this card with 4 players. If that is what your asking about the meaning of the two sets of numbers on the cards/map.

Yes, the "red" area of the map is known as "Central Hyboria". These areas are described on page 7 of the rules, top right corner of the page.

TK

Tim Kelly said:

Yes, the "red" area of the map is known as "Central Hyboria". These areas are described on page 7 of the rules, top right corner of the page.

TK

thanks for the exact precision of my question!