Amatuer DM need help (yes I'm sure I am not the first)

By AndracoDragons, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Okay so I am a new DM. I decided to take over for my groups usual DM because he wanted to play too. My first Adventure went okay was split into two sessions the first was terrible i had all the marks of a new DM, Player control, Initiative control, zero to no choices for the players lol all the problems. Next session was infinitely better (thanks to ghosting on these forums). But now i have a question i am having trouble finding the answer too.

I need a C'tan shard stats so my players can fight it. If it doesn't exist at least not for Deathwatch can someone point me in the direction of a guide to make new enemies? and also depending on who kills the C'tan the weapon that killed it will become a new deathwatch relic. (It may be heresy but so much heresy is swept under the rug if its useful to the empire) So i will also need a Guide for developing relics if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

I would also need a guide for developing powers for the C'tan Shard since if i am reading the lore correctly they don't access the warp and all there powers are manifested from the're own energy. So if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

(I would ask the usual DM for help in the regard but i don't want to give anything away to him since he is playing as a player.)

C'tan Shard stats are in the DW supplement Edge of the Abyss (along with a bunch of other useful Necron stuff).

C'tan Shard stats are in the DW supplement Edge of the Abyss (along with a bunch of other useful Necron stuff).

I am pretty sure you mean The Outer Reaches. Edge of the abyss is a rogue trader supplement I believe

For relics, take base stats of the item. Make it master crafted (typically, but not always, +2 damage). Add an appropriate special rule/rules.

Example: relic bolter: +2 damage, give it extra range, allow it to ignore jams, and enhanced rate of fire.

Thanks everyone I'll go ahead and get both those books mentioned since I'll probably be DM ing for awhile. I suppose whoever is a admin can close this now.

You should really bookmark this link . It's very helpfull to see if items/enemys already exist in the books.

Edited by Avdnm

Alternatively, those stats can be found in a Black Crusade adventure Hand of Corruption, p. 136