Might I Propose More Warhammer 40,000 Games

By 3AcresAndATau, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Dear FFG,

Rogue Trader and Warhammer 40,000 Conquest are fun, like really, really, fun. As a matter of fact, I'd say that your 40k products are the best game format media to experience the grim darkness of the 41st millennium through.

That being said, I'd like to see some more games from you folks, with a wider variety of formats, play styles, and player counts. A few of my ideas include:

1) A cooperative remake of Battle for Armageddon where 1-4 players each controlling a different Space Marines Chapter with Steel Legion support, say, Ultramarines, Salamanders, Blood Angels, and Flesh Tearers cooperate against a volunteer or artificial player with proportional ork forces vie for clusters of hive cities and the Space Marines players win if they hold a certain amount of hive cities at a turn specified at the beginning by rolling 1d6+3 or something like that, representing the arrival of overwhelming reinforcements, and the orks win by taking too many cities from the marine players. For additional replayability, the board could be made up of a series of cardboard hexes, much like Catan. Possible expansions include options for alternate planets and wars, such as the Badab conflict, and Chaos and other Xenos options.

2) A straight up reprint of Doom of the Eldar with higher production values (Horus Heresy style minis for this and idea 1?) and minimal rebalancing. Not much else to say about that except Ebay copies are freaking expensive right now.

3) A set box, grid based, vehicular combat game of Deathwatch Space Marines vs Tau set in the Jericho Reach would be cool. The game could be in 10mm scale with color moulded plastics, and focus on combat between vehicles like Dreadnoughts, Land Raiders, Hammerheads and Broadside battlesuits, with a few infantry squads, like some Devastators, Terminators, and Stealthsuits. Expansion packs could include Eldar Warhosts, the Titan Legions, Chaos Marines and the like. Almost like a 40k game somewhere between Battlelore and X-Wing.

4) A Necromunda game somewhat in the style of Blood Bowl Team Manager and Eldritch Horror mashed up, wherein one manages their gang while trying to complete various tasks across the board.

These are my ideas, I hope they're taken into consideration. Any thoughts? Other ideas?