The upsides of getting a second chance

By Firgus, in General Discussion

The Hot Dog Conspiracy has never been a problem for me. 50 card decks still require you to get two packs of sleeves to swap out sleeves that get worn, marked, or damaged.

So, I'm with Ratatoskr--I don't want to see the deck size change too drastically. 75 is a bit much for my clumsy paws, but then I play Netrunner (obviously) so I'm used to smaller stacks. But those deck sizes exist in a game with idiosyncratic draw and card advantage parameters, so don't take that as a contradiction.

What they've said about the game doesn't entail that you can build six decks simultaneously--I'd rather have a greater card variety where maybe you can build six different decks, but maybe only two at a time out of one box.

They say in their home page that:

With a single Core Set of A Game of Thrones: The Card Game Second Edition , you can play a four-player melee, but with two or more Core Sets, you can play a melee with up to six players.

That means smaller decks and some common cards among the decks... Maybe 4 sets of neutral cards in one core?

So card distribution would be 1 to 4... Or there are neutral cards that are divided among many decks?

In anyway interesting to see how they do it this time... 8 factions from the beginning is not easy task to do...

One very plausible possibility is that there will be melee deck with one house + one alliance for one core deck, that would allow those 4 playable factions from one core set. But hot to make 6 playable faction from two cores... maybe using mono faction decks by using all cards from two cores? That would agree with the information of using two same plot cards in the plot deck...

I know that there are people on both sides of the fence with regard to Moribund. Whatever your feelings might be about this rule, I'd just like to say that as someone who looks at flavor as well as gameplay, out of all the fictional settings you could base a CCG around, A Song of Ice and Fire is not one where I would expect there to be an action window prior to a character being killed off. With that in mind, it will be interesting to see what form this rule will take on in 2E, with the assumption that the new timing structure will radically redefine such things as this.

Edited by MarthWMaster

I look at it like this; here's the card that hammered home why Moribund needs to die:

ffg_scavenge-creation-and-control.png

"Trash" means discard. "Heap" is your discard pile. So in one card, a single effect, we can trash a card then immediately play it back onto the board again, fresh as a daisy. (I trash a card that costs $4. Hey look, I have a card in my trash pile that costs $4, how convenient.) Very helpful if a card has a "come into play" effect, or has tokens on it you want to refresh.

I'm looking forward to this kind of clean templating in 2E! :)

For the Core Set, if they do the same thing as they did for Conquest, you will be happy. I have a complete playset and very few ''leftovers''. Most of the cards were ''1 of'' and 2 cards per faction as well as neutral cards were ''2 of'' in a single core set.

For some generic faction cards and neutral cards, I have 2 playsets of them which is cool because it's meant to be a 2 player game and remember, the Core Set won't rotate out.