What happened!

By Farinherfer, in Runewars

I dont know where else to put this but what happened to Runebound!?!?!

It appears they moved the forum to the archives:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/forum/51-runebound

I do not know whether this was an accident or if they no longer support the game (or other reasons). I can't find any official message about it. It looks like you can still post messages on it, maybe they will move it back if people do. :)

I highly doubt it was an accident. Runebound 2E has been OOP for a long time now, and that's what FFG does with forums for old games they aren't planning to reprint.

I don't think they'll be bringing back RB2E anymore, but they might yet make an RB3E at some point in the future.

Runebound under the Asmodee name?

There's an =awful= lot of Runebound and related Runebound Universe games ... it seems to me that they'd be cheaper to reprint than to develop a whole new game. What some people =think= they can get for Runeboud and Runebound Universe games on Ebay is just ridiculous. I rather like the Runebound Universe - I just purchased the Runewars Revised edition, and I plan on getting the expansion as soon as possible. Please reconsider your apparent decision to abandon Runebound etc...

They archived a bunch of forums at the same time, including runebound and fury of dracula.

Being part of the asmodee group means some games like fury of dracula are much more likely to be reprinted. With runebound being an in house setting I don't think it'll go outside FFG, the archiving of the forum means that 2nd edition will not be making a return. All our hopes now rest on a 3rd edition.

With runebound being an in house setting I don't think it'll go outside FFG, the archiving of the forum means that 2nd edition will not be making a return. All our hopes now rest on a 3rd edition.

I agree. It wouldn't make any sense to reprint Runebound under a different publisher's logo when other titles in the same setting, like Descent, retain FFG's logo. That would just confuse people.

Independent titles (like Fury) are much more likely to be taken away and reprinted under the Asmodee logo. You know, the ones that don't have 1000000 expansions. =P

what a Beautiful game Runebound is...my brothers have the entire collection but they won`t let me take it with me to play with my girl friends. :(

They want me invite my gf`s to come over :angry:

But I have Runewars ;)

They want me invite my gf`s to come over :angry:

Smart brothers. ;)

Ask, and ye shall receive.