Your Favorite Heroes!

By player1622800, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

As a counterpart to the favorite monster topic. I only have JitD and WoD, for hero purposes.

1. Nanok. Best tank in the game, and he doesn't even need armor! In RtL, his ability can really get out of hand.

2. Landrec the Wise. Two extra surges make him the perfect fit for Blast runes, and two conquest means it doesn't hurt too much if he dies.

3. Battlemage Jaes. Great allround hero, being about the only mage with decent wounds&armor, able to wear chainmail, and still 2 magic dice to boot.

Grey Ker w/Unmovable skill. Declare a battle each turn, then change it if you need to a different action. free guard and +1 armor every turn.

I like Tahlia better than Nanok. Nanok is great for surviving, but evetually the overlord will probably start ignoring him and going for the weaker heroes, which negates his ability to be a tank. Taliha does a much better job of being a tank and still being able to protect her friends with her move/guard ability.

Landrec the Wise is great. Just got done playing him in a campaign against the Great Wrym. Had 6 free surges so the fear was not even an issue.

Silhouette has both amazing stats and and amazing hero ability (especially in RTL w/fatigue ugrades).

I have been creating custom heros for the past week or so for my group to play. Most are similar to the hero's that come with game and expansions but this gives us some other things to try.

Runemaster Thorn - three magic dice, great ability, good speed and fatigue, 2 CP.

Silhouette: rocks.

Kiraga: powerhouse.

Tahlia: the energizer bunny, best tank.

Landrec.