Battlefleet Jericho

By Marwynn, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Featuring poorly edited and cropped images of various Imperial vessels!

This is probably the last background "fleet" PDF I'll write up, it's not even the focus of the game, but I'm sharing in the hopes someone will find it useful.

The fluff will be re-written, it's a first draft.

v0.1 BFJ: Click Here

v0.2 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here (Nov. 3, 2014)

v0.3 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here (Nov. 4, 2014)

v0.4 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here (Nov. 5, 2014)

v0.5 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here (Nov. 7, 2014)

Edited by Marwynn

Sweet

Where are the Grace and Chariot classes from? nice work btw!

Thanks guys. The Grace is an Imperial Navy Fireship from BFG. The Chariot is a Claymore corvette. I modified the prow turret and copied it onto the dorsal spine for a slightly different look.

The Arrow's from the image in Into the Storm, I think for the Orion with an enlarged Cobra prow on it.

i didn't recognize the Grace from being from BFG. Nice work on the Arrow. ^^.

An updated version is here, featuring a brand new font (or three) and some fluff changes. Plus, I added a "Relics" page to explain some components and also seed some stuff.

v.02 Battlefleet Jericho : Click Here

Removed the hideous Dauntless for a slightly less hideous Comet-class Light Cruiser. Changed the colours a bit as well.

v0.3 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here

^^. good....goooood. Keep more updates coming! ::Whips::

*Ow*

Two new ships added, one a bash of the Murder-class cruiser, the other is just the Retribution battleship. Don't know if I want to change the battleship or remove it completely for another grand cruiser yet.

v.04 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here (Nov. 5, 2014)

Some thoughts.

Is the Grace Support Ship supposed to be completely unarmed?

The Arrow Frigate's Mars pattern Las-battery listing has a Strength of 4 while the Chariot class lists the same component's strength at 3. Minor discrepancy.

The vast majority of the military ships should have pressed crew quarters. Flagships like the battleships might be appropriate for the Voidsmen's quarters.

In the places you do have pressed crew quarters you did not reduce the listed morale, nor have you adjusted morale on the Redeemer for the observation dome.

Is the Mars pattern plasma drive archeotech? It seems like it should be, but then again it's not quite as good as a modified drive. If it's not archeotech, then it really should be noted to be hideously expensive or something. Otherwise everyone would use them.

Is this intended to be like Battlefleet Kronus where you have both new ship hulls as well as examples of the fleet's ships, or is this just what the Jerichoe battlefleet ships are and isn't intended for use by players?

Do you plan on coming up with space/power/sp listings for parts?

Edited by Spatulaodoom

I've left it open so that you can use the first block of stats to create a custom version, or use the components there. A hybrid of BFK. The Grace I left unarmed, probably best to fit in Thunders.

The different Mars-patterns were by design, though I probably should make them different Marks for simplicity. I agree with the Pressed-Crew Quarters, but I put them on the Cruisers and Battleship because why not? Well, the Light Cruisers could use the morale boost of not hot-bunking and being stuffed 16 to a room. But you're right, I didn't adjust the Morale at all. Even for other stuff.

The Relics are all archeotech, or nearly-so. It's not as good as the "Modified" drives.

I reserve the right, as GM, to adjust these when players use them. But they're not in active use and when they are encountered, it'll be configured differently.

Thanks for those thoughts, I'll make adjustments tomorrow.

Nice work, but I would really like to see SP costs on these ships, some input, stat-wise:

Grace is interesting as it has the hardest armour of all transports, I assume that stats were already adjusted for hold landing bays because if not that would be a very strange ship of 16 armour and only 30 Hull.

Chariot should IMHO be frigate class instead of raider because stat-wise it's much more closer to frigates, two things I don't understand is why it has so little Manouevre and Space remembering that you gave it port&starboard weapons instead of dorsal so, basically power/space/SP cost for those weapons is doubled.

Arrow is basically a bit tweaked Falchion (+1Spd +1Det -1Man), I like it, but personally I wouldn't use your plasma-accelerated tube rule (I assume that -10Man penalty is already included in stats).

Comet = Dauntless -3Man. Solar cruiser ~= Tyrant or Dictator so it's ok, but solar battlecruiser has 4 more space than the most spacious BC, dunno if that was intended, althou it should be priced accordingly. Redeemed = Avenger -1man +Prow slot and is interesting, besides some time ago GW said that all GC can be retrofitted with prow torpedoes, so it's not that far from "canon" (the rule was then removed, but some still play BFG with it).

Anyway keep up with great work, cheers!

Thanks for the feedback, I've made even more changes to this version. Also changed the orientation of the ships: was wasting space pointing them the other way.

Removed the Retribution battleship for a bashed-together one. Also added another transport for kicks. May add one more cruiser in the future.

v0.5 Battlefleet Jericho: Click Here

Ever do any updates to this? It's great material.