Change in shipping date?

By Chimaera, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Lot of chatter on Boardgamegeek that the shipping date for the game will now be in December. Has anyone on here heard of this change. Brilliant if became available before Christmas, won't get my hopes up too soon.

Edited by Chimaera

I tend not to buy into rumours, but that would be awesome!

Edited by Raine

Just looked at the upcoming schedule and it has indeed changed to Q4. Still could be an error and will wait for a more formal announcement.

The Q4 announcement was made a couple of weeks ago, most of us here are well aware of it :)

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/122548-imperial-assault-at-the-printers/

It's just disappointing that the first wave of expansions won't be available at the same time

...hopefully that will change as well.

Doubtful.

IA is 'on the boat'

The expansions are still 'in development'. They still need to hit 'at the printer' phase before they can be tossed 'on the boat'.

So while IA will probably be available before X-mas, the expansions could very likely be March releases....unless they are really just messing with us.

What I don't understand is why there is such a gap. The core game has cards and icons for the expansions. It was literally just miniatures. Seems like they could have aligned the products a bit better.

The Q4 announcement was made a couple of weeks ago, most of us here are well aware of it :)

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/122548-imperial-assault-at-the-printers/

It's just disappointing that the first wave of expansions won't be available at the same time

Doubtful.

IA is 'on the boat'

The expansions are still 'in development'. They still need to hit 'at the printer' phase before they can be tossed 'on the boat'.

So while IA will probably be available before X-mas, the expansions could very likely be March releases....unless they are really just messing with us.

What I don't understand is why there is such a gap. The core game has cards and icons for the expansions. It was literally just miniatures. Seems like they could have aligned the products a bit better.

I know, I was just being hopeful.

I'm considering holding off on the game until the expansions come out, as the idea of using tokens with detailed miniatures is bothering me lately.

Well the impression I get is that the original plan was for them to release pretty close together, but then they decided to get things in gear so the core could be sold for the holidays. In other words, I think they're already rushing the base game, so I think it's doubtful they could get the ally/villain packs out any faster.

Doubtful.

IA is 'on the boat'

I'm considering holding off on the game until the expansions come out, as the idea of using tokens with detailed miniatures is bothering me lately.

That's where my old Star Wars Miniatures come in! :) They're inexpensive to get on Ebay, so I'd suggest that if you really dislike the idea of tokens and really want to play the game.

Doubtful.

IA is 'on the boat'

Thats why I pre-ordered them all together. I figure I'd likely get the base game, and end up waiting anyways since I don't want to use the token.

This way they all arrive together.

The "on the boat" status happened on October 15th. If the six week time frame hold up it could be in stores for Black Friday, which falls on November 28th this year. I don't claim to know, but this may be what FF was shooting for when they updated the time frame.

it could be in stores for Black Friday, which falls on November 28th this year. I don't claim to know, but this may be what FF was shooting for when they updated the time frame.

From your mouth to the Emperor's ear my friend.

Thanks for the heads up I missed this bit of detail and all the UK retailers have it up for February. Let's hope it arrives before Crimbo.