Deck feedback please

By EGG2, in 4. AGoT Deck Construction

I call this deck " Army Sight ". It is based off of my interest in Scorched Earth and trying to build a deck around it. I have limited options because I only own one of each chapter pack and core set(I have doubles of Viserys and The Power of Arms through trades). I run the Summer agenda for draw, gold, and to activate Fairweather Followers and Dragon Sight. I put as many armies in as I could, and have Rhaegar's Harp and Old Nan to help as well. Dothraki Honor Guard is still an option but its ability is obviously useless in Joust. I have even icon distribution(17-17-17). There are 3 King/Queens + Harp. Overzealous Scout is for trying to go second every round as hopefully my opponent won't have an army and must forgo his/her first challenge. Any tips and/or critiques?

----- Plots (7) avg income: 3.8 / avg initiative: 3 -----
A Time for Ravens
A Song of Summer
Wildfire Assault
Building Season
The Power of Arms x2
Fury of the Dragon

----- Characters (32) avg cost: 2.1 stats -----
Refugee of the Plains x3
Gilly
Samwell Tarly
Maester Aemon
Walder Frey
Mance Rayder
Carrion Bird x3
Fairweather Followers x3
Red Warlock
Daenerys Targaryen
Khal Drogo
Viserys Targaryen x2
Brown Ben Plumm
Warlock's Servitors
Illyrio's Man
Old Nan
Rhaegar Targaryen
Overzealous Scout
Stormcrows x3
Herald of the East x3
Queen Daenerys's Horde

----- Locations (13) avg cost: 0.6 -----
Eastern Fiefdoms x3
Khal Drogo's Tent
Temple of the Graces x3
Great Pyramid
Summer Sea
Street of Steel
Shadowblack Lane
Street of Sisters
Scorched Earth

----- Attachments (6) avg cost: 1.1 -----
Black Raven x3
Dragon Sight
Bones of a Child
Rhaegar's Harp

----- Events (9) -----
Support of the Kingdom
Forever Burning
Seductive Promise
Distinct Mastery x2
Desperate Tactics
To Be a Dragon
Die for Your King!
Questioned Claim

I just realized my stats are skewed as I have the Martell Refugee of the Citadel (Int, Pow Icons) in the deck as the Targaryen Refugee of the Plains (Mil, Pow Icons) is not available on Tzumainn.com. This makes my Icon distribution:

20 Mil

14 Int

17 Pow

Please realize that I am a beginner(started with LCG) and any feedback is much appreciated.

Have you played with it yet?

Conceptually it is sound, I'm just wondering if you've had problems with gold or draw.

I tend to prefer control-themed decks, and I probably approach deckbuilding slightly differently, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Also, if you don't want to buy another core set, can you trade with your friends? (Many of the Core Set cards were printed in past sets, so veteran players may have extras that you can have and/or trade them for cards you don't like to use.)

I think Scorched Earth is a strong control-style card, and to make this deck most effective, you may (unfortunately) need multiples several of the cards. This will ensure that your deck is consistent, while also letting you cut out some of the unnecessary extras that could be clogging your draw.

The cards that I would play multiples of are:

• 3x Questioned Claim (this is tough, because I think it's really the only good card in the chapter pack)
  • 3x Forever Burning (amazing control card, and the recursion allows it to basically function as draw)
  • 2x or 3x each Support of the Kingdom and Seductive Promise (Running 1 of each relies too much on luck and doesn't give you much consistentcy, so I would cut them if you can't run at least 2x a card)
  • 2x To Be A Dragon (Unlike other people, I wouldn't run 3x this card, but I do think 2x is good increase the chances of you drawing the card when you really need it.)
  • 2x Scorched Earth (since your deck is built around it.)
  • 2x Rhaegar's Harp (This card is amazing, since it gives any of your characters the Army trait and the King/Queen trait--along with all other traits--making that character an Army, King, etc.)
  • Attachment burn--Flame-Kissed is good, but I think Poison Wine would be pretty strong in this deck, because you could move it from character to character to ensure that your opponent can't win challenges.
  • 3x Summer Sea (These make your deck much faster in the early rounds of the game.)
  • Definitely play 3x Illyrio's men if you have them.
  • Consider adding a Flame-Pitched Tower, especially if you find that you're winning a lot of challenges by 4+ strength.

You can also consider running a bit more draw. If you're playing attachments, Xaro's Home can be very effective, and Danaery's Chambers can effectively function like draw because it allows you to pull attachments back to your hand. Right now you don't really have enough draw to justify playing both of these locations (I suppose you could play 1x each...), but maybe 2x Dany's Chambers would be best. That way, if people discard your summer raven or other attachments, you can get any of them back without waiting to redraw them after they were recylced with Stormcrows.

I would cut the following cards...

• 1x Stormcrows (Because this is unique and costs 4 gold, I think 3x is too many. It's likely that many games you'll draw the 2nd or 3rd copy after you have a copy in the dead pile and therefore the card you drew will be dead in your hand.)
  • Walder Frey?--How much has he helped you in games? If he's not helping, I'd cut.
  • Warlock's Servitors (These guys are too expensive for what they do, even if they are armies, unless you're finding that you really need "immune to character effects.")
  • I would 1x Heralds. In theory these are great characters, but in practice they're pretty slow, unless you have a lot of draw so that you can play them and then draw the card on the same marshalling turn.

In general, I like the deck idea. How has it played so far?

I love Warlock Servitors. There is little as awesome as deadly power attacks, and it is a very easy way to trigger Flaming Pitch Tower and Seductive promise with just a little help, certainly more reliable than depending on overwhelming numbers or sufficient stealth.