MWCC II...

By JChang, in UFS Tourney Reports

Well, I'd like to say that this event was a blast. I know that the turn out wasn't as big as last years but for all those who made it, made it a great time just to be there and have a fun day of ufs. So here it is for all you people out there. Sorry if I miss anyone...

TripsEx and ShadowDragon: For running an awesome event like always. You both did a good job, thumbs up!

James Hata: Awesome to meet you again. Sorry about our match. My deck was just so jank that your deck just pretty much shut down my entire deck. I sat there and thought of what I could do and basically no answers were coming to mind. Good game! I think I'll try to go get some sleep now...also thanks again for the character card!

Omar: LoL I knew if I had to face you it would be so over for me. At least I can say I tried. I know it didn't seem like it, but yeah your deck just crapped all over me too. Even with the nice opening hand I drew, I thought maybe I'll actually have a chance for at least one game. Then BAM! You drop a nice SoC to end me. Which then we know that it just eventually got worst for me and I wasn't able to keep up with your control. I figure even with the nice hand I got and wasn't able to push anything through, there was no use for a second game. It would just waste time and I sure was tired. Good game! It is always a pleasure to have game with you. Nice seeing you again...

DoubleD: I so should've played ZiMei so I could be in diversity with you. LoL j/k man. Our match was pretty insane, but really it was a good one. I hope you're happy now, we got our game in!! =P But really, it was awsome seeing you there again. Awesome people like you just reminds me why I play this ufs game. See ya next time...

Lee: Threat of the Puppets! OMG, you so had me those games man. It was totally awesome playing you in Naruto, even though I know we didn't even finish most of our matches. But I give them to you, the victory is yours. I don't think I would've been able to come back in those other games. Maybe one of them but it would've been tough. But onto ufs, it was a pretty cool beasty match against you. Great game man! It was awesome to see you there and congrats for doing better than your brother....weakness!! hahaha j/k DoubleD ....NINJA VANISH!

Tucker: Dude, it's been ages since I've last seen you. But yeah, it was totally great to see you again man. I know we didn't finish our game but I really believe you would've had me. I'm sorry about not getting back to you like this past whole week or whatever. I've been busy and caught up with so much crap. On top of that thinking of what I should play for this event also. But I'm glad you came up with some other solution. Even when we were driving there I totally forgot to call you. I was going to call but it was too early at first. Then later I just ended up forgetting. Sorry, lack of sleep. Sorry about teams too. I guess the rest just figured we headed back in the evening. But hopefully in the next event we can work something out for sure. I know we've been planning this but eventually we'll get it in there sometime.

4TheRest: It was awesome seeing you all again. It was good times all over again! I can only name a few and I know I'm going to forget some people because my mind isn't working so well. So it's either I don't know your name or I just forgot, but seriously I don't intend too. But something big....

Happy Birthday to Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think that's his name): I hope you enjoyed your cake. My gift to you....

Well the rest of the gang decided to head back in the evening so we ended up not staying. But for all those of you who are in the teams event, good luck to everyone and have fun! Good to see everyone again....new and old faces....same game, different places...!!

For those who wonder what I went up against...

Swiss
Rd1 vs ZiMei (Death) 1-0
Rd2 vs Hsien-Ko (Chaos/Good) 2-0
Rd3 vs Hanzo (Air/Evil) 1-1
Rd4 vs Zhao Daiyu (Chaos/Evil) 1-0

Top8
vs Hilde (Fire/Order) 2-0
Top4
vs Zangief (All) 0-2

That's the end of the road for me...ENJOY!

Hehe, nice report! And quick to the draw too :)

Umm, if you were running Kyoshiro, can I assume you were running order? Was it a Defender loop thing or something else?

Grats on your top 4 finish!!!

- dut

I posted my deck up on the UFS Deck Building forum. So if you want to have a look it's all there. But to answer your question it was an Chaos/Order deck with Defender loop.

Thanks!

I just wanna know two things: what symbols were the Zhao Daiyu and Zi-Mei decks runnin off of ?

deathcritis1 said:

I just wanna know two things: what symbols were the Zhao Daiyu and Zi-Mei decks runnin off of ?

I'm pretty sure the Zhao Daiyu deck was mostly Chaos with some Evil. It was the promo ZD though, not the new rare one.

It was fun seeing you to Jack. The Zi-Mei was ran out of death.

After having lost 0-2 to Zangief, can you think of anything you might have done differently against him?

good times Jack!!

JACK CHANG ALWAYS TOP 8!!!! we can't have a top 8 anywhere near this guy without him getting in gran_risa.gif

@shinji: gief > d-loop. not much that can be done about it. it's a bad matchup

MarcoPulleaux said:

After having lost 0-2 to Zangief, can you think of anything you might have done differently against him?

There is nothing I really could've done. I mean I had the dream opening hand to win it against his Zangief deck but still that wasn't even enough. Omar's deck had too much control in there and I knew from the start of the day that if I had to face him I would end up losing. My opening hand against him was LOTM, Defender, and Realm of Midnight. So basically I was all set to go with the loop already. I never had a good of a draw like that during the whole day until I had to play Omar. Then his turn, he drops a SoC. Right then I knew it was game for me. Then he just goes nuts and starts playing more control stuff that could stop me from doing what I needed to do.

Like Omar said, it was a bad match up. There's not really anything I can do much about it. Plus being so tired and out of it. I pretty much just played the first game to see how it would've went and gave him the win. I didn't want to sit there for another long game and burn any more of my mind that I needed to.

So yeah...don't loop against Zangief. Well at least Omar's Zangief Deck.