DC/NOVA/MD Players

By Crisra13, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Organized Play

I'm looking for players who would be interested in meeting up to play in the DC metro area. Anywhere near a metro station would work for me. PM if interested.

I play at Dream Wizards, a hobby store in Rockville, which is not far from the White Flint metro. Wednesday is the LCG night there (among other events), although one of the employees told me today that they'll be doing monthly Conquest events on Sundays, as well.

I've been demoing it for a lot of the local players, and there's definitely interest among them, so feel free to swing on by if you're free on a Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

In case anyone here from DC/MD/NOVA wants more information to follow up on RPG's post: Dream Wizards begins their LCG night on Wednesdays at 5:00. They host a weekly tournament on Sundays that starts at 12:30. The new FFG tournament rules for Conquest govern both events.

In case anyone here from DC/MD/NOVA wants more information to follow up on RPG's post: Dream Wizards begins their LCG night on Wednesdays at 5:00. They host a weekly tournament on Sundays that starts at 12:30. The new FFG tournament rules for Conquest govern both events.

Monthly tournament, not weekly, last I heard (and according to their online calendar). First one is on November 23rd.

On the plus side, while their calendar says LCG night doesn't start until 5:00, it technically just starts when people show up with games. 2 is probably the earliest you can expect to see people most weeks, but there's no need to wait until 5. The one caveat to that is that a lot of the folks interested in Conquest there haven't been able to pick up Core Sets because of the demand, and have been relying on borrowed decks, so showing up on a day when those of us who have the decks are late or absent could be risky. That'll cease to be the case once a restock hits, I'm sure.

Sorry, I misheard the DW rep the first time and called back to correct that error about the tournaments. Thanks for the correction and the heads up. Yes, it's the 23rd at 12:30 for November and the 28th for December. Registration is $5 for each tournament.

Edited by Crisra13

Does anybody hang out at or around Labyrinth in the District proper? I'm always up for pick-up games.

Huzzah Hobbies in ashburn Va is having a winter tournament this sat at 12:00pm.

Geiger

A small group of us get together at Dropzone Games in Glen Burnie, MD on Tuesdays and have been getting into Conquest recently.

Geiger,

Will there more tournaments in the future?

Zalrus,

I've been meaning to go play at Labyrinth since it's in the District. I'll PM you about meeting up.

Huzzah has a monthly tourney. ill check to see when.

And my store in Martinsburg WV will be hosting them really soon.

Your Hobby Place

we have a store championship schedule for March 21st

Geiger

Warhammer 40k LCG tournament at Huzzah Hobbies January 11th in Ashburn, VA.

Edited by Mesrob

We were at the Dream Wizards Store Championship and someone had mentioned an online group (Facebook I think) for coordinating stuff with gamers in the DC/MD area. Anyone know offhand what the Facebook group was called? We couldn't find it and thought it was Capitol City something.

Capitol area warhammer 40k: Conquest .

Also, for those who weren't at the tournament, Canton Games in Baltimore has an lcg night every Thursday which includes Conquest.

Capitol area warhammer 40k: Conquest .

Also, for those who weren't at the tournament, Canton Games in Baltimore has an lcg night every Thursday which includes Conquest.

Thanks! Found the group.

Anyone up for quick games at Labyrinth in DC sometime?

Just getting into this game, where are folks playing regularly and which shops are still holding contests. I heard Island Games is still supporting and that Huzzah has pretty much dropped it.

Just getting into this game, where are folks playing regularly and which shops are still holding contests. I heard Island Games is still supporting and that Huzzah has pretty much dropped it.

It's still running at Dream Wizards in Rockville with pretty decent attendance at last few monthly tournaments, and a few of us who play on Wednesday afternoon/evenings as well (I'm in almost every Wednesday with Conquest, but the other regular Wednesday players are a bit more variable). There was apparently a tournament this evening at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie, so presumably it's happening there as well, but I mostly stick to Dream Wizards, as it's considerably more convenient for me than basically every other local option. If you can make it up to Rockville, more players would be great--there's several local semi-interested folks and fence sitters in the Wednesday game night crowd who might join in if we got more faces involved. Interest breeds further interest, after all.

Good to know. I'm in Arlington so treking to Rockville on a weeknight is tricky business with the 495/270 shenanigans. I might try this week though when do you get there on Wednesdays?

Good to know. I'm in Arlington so treking to Rockville on a weeknight is tricky business with the 495/270 shenanigans. I might try this week though when do you get there on Wednesdays?

That is a bit of a trip, but if you can make it, I'd be glad to try and get in some games with you. I work part-time at the moment, so I tend to be in early afternoon (2-3 ish, usually) and just stick around until things start winding down.

This week in particular has a couple minor complications--I might be doing an X-Wing demo close to when I get in, and there's an X-Wing tournament in the evening that I'd be tempted to sign up for in the absence of other commitments (although I have no problem sitting it out if something else comes along, such as a new opponent for Conquest). Let me know what's up, and I'll be happy to try and make it work, though!

That is a bit of a trip, but if you can make it, I'd be glad to try and get in some games with you. I work part-time at the moment, so I tend to be in early afternoon (2-3 ish, usually) and just stick around until things start winding down.

Rockville is close to me (Silver Spring). I could be there by 5pm on a Wednesday. Are people still playing then?

I am 15 minutes driving to Downtown SS which is on the metro so I could meet Crisra there sometimes. PM. Love this game and would like a reg opponent to try different decks on.

Hi everyone, I'm starting a league for casual play in DC. We're playing at George Washington University twice a month after work. PM me if you're interested in joining us.