Tyrant Star - what is it?

By Terrainosaur, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I just finished reading the core rulebook. Is there another book that spells out what the Tyrant Star is?

The Haarlock Trilogy. Specifically Dead Stars.

Thank you.

I should not have read the interweb threads on it. It looks awful. I took 1d10 Insanity Points.

I'm serious when I say all my interest in playing Dark Heresy just died.

I was under the impression that the Harlook Trilogy was supposed to be pretty good?

The Tyrant Star appears in Dead Stars , but it is never , in any FFG product, officially defined as to what it really is- that is left up to individual GMs to decide. There is an old thread on this Forum called ' Ultimate Haarlock Legacy Discussion (Spoilers) ' or something like that (I'm too lazy to look for it myself and post a link). It contains a ton of theories as to what the Tyrant Star might be.

It's incredibly good in my opinion. Don't worry about the threads. The Star was never meant to be entirely fleshed out anyways it was always something that was meant to be defined by the GM.

If you don't like their take, make your own.

It's incredibly good in my opinion. Don't worry about the threads. The Star was never meant to be entirely fleshed out anyways it was always something that was meant to be defined by the GM.

If you don't like their take, make your own.

I've only really heard good things about the two Dark Heresy trilogies, and I have been thinking about running them at some point, so I was a bit worried that I had missed something, or maybe I was just mixing things up in my head.

Thank you.

I should not have read the interweb threads on it. It looks awful. I took 1d10 Insanity Points.

I'm serious when I say all my interest in playing Dark Heresy just died.

Would you mind expanding on as to why? I'd really love to hear it, not having played it myself.