Two Handed Chain Axes

By Sinpoder, in Black Crusade

Alright... so my Khorne Beserker is planning on using two handed chain axes.. and looking into the lore all of them seem great they just don't exist in the books. I am wondering if I could get some stats on them or an equivalent because I can't seem to find any of them.

• Charatran Pattern Chainaxe - An ancient pattern of Chainaxe utilised by the Legiones Astartes during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy eras, many of the Iron Hands Legion Terminator Squads utilised this pattern for close assault and "Zone Mortalis" engagements.
  • Deimos Pattern Mark II Legion Chainaxe - The most common variant of the Chainaxe utilised by the worshippers of Khorne is the ancient Deimos Pattern Mark II Legion Chainaxe, a much more powerful pattern of Chainaxe originally forged for the Assault Squads of the Space Marine Legions. The weapon draws upon the additional mechanical support provided by an Astartes' Power Armour to drive the Chainaxe's bulk at greater speeds.
  • Khornate Chainaxe - A Khornate Chainaxe is a pattern of Chainaxe that has been ritually dedicated to the Blood God, and is larger, heavier and more potent than its standard counterpart. It can cut through even the most heavy of armour plating with ease, and is a particularly favorite weapon of Khornate Berserkers.
  • Reaver Pattern Chainaxe - An ancient pattern Chainaxe known to be utilised by the brutal World Eaters Legion during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy eras.

Two-handed Chainaxe (2d10+5 R; Pen 2; Tearing, Unbalanced).

Straight out of the Core Rulebook, copied and pasted. Note that the character that was using it has a Strength Bonus of 5, so the real damage should be 2d10, but FFG is sometimes inconsistent with the way that's displayed, so mileage may vary.

Given that the basic Two-handed Chainsword is 2d10+2 Pen 3, Tearing, Unbalanced, make out of that what you will.

There's also the Castir Greataxe in Tome of Blood, 2d10+5 Pen 3, Tearing, Felling (2), Unwieldy.

I'd personally say that Two-handed Chainswords being what they are, and comparing a regular Chainsword with a regular Chainaxe, I'd make it:

Chainsword (1d10+2, Pen 2; Tearing, Balanced). Average.

Chainaxe (1d10+4, Pen 2; Tearing). Average.

Two-handed Chainsword (2d10+2, Pen 3; Tearing, Unbalanced). Scarce.

Two-handed Chainaxe (2d10+4 R, Pen 3; Tearing, Unwieldy). Rare.

So... me and my friend made a two handed weapon that we think could be worth using as a World Eater.

Deimos Pattern Mark II Legion Chainaxe: 2d10+5 Pen 6, Tearing, Razor Sharp, Felling (4), Unweildy.

Special Rule: Must be wearing Power Armor and be attached to power or lose, Razor Sharp and 2 points of Penetration

The only one I've been able to find is the weapon wielded by the Disciple of Krox. It seems to have a base damage of 2d10R, Pen 2, Tearing, Unwieldy.

The only one I've been able to find is the weapon wielded by the Disciple of Krox. It seems to have a base damage of 2d10R, Pen 2, Tearing, Unwieldy.

That's the one I found too, came to the same conclusion and decided it didn't make sense.

Alternatively, there are stats for a Chain Greatsword which is Scarce. Extrapolating from what exists already, give it +1 damage, remove Balanced or make it Unbalanced/Unwieldy, and there you go.

Felling 4, Pen 6 and Razor Sharp? Yikes that's powerful.

Straight out of the Core Rulebook, copied and pasted. Note that the character that was using it has a Strength Bonus of 5, so the real damage should be 2d10, but FFG is sometimes inconsistent with the way that's displayed, so mileage may vary.

Unit profiles should always include the SB, so the damage on that weapon would be 2d10 R.

BYE

Felling 4, Pen 6 and Razor Sharp? Yikes that's powerful.

Unit profiles should always include the SB, so the damage on that weapon would be 2d10 R.

BYE

That's.. that's what I said.