Nemesises, Nemesisisis, Nemeses?

By DoubleAim, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

So I'm guessing you have quite of Ad-mech in your group? I think you could give your PCs Hatred(Slaaneshi) once they learn of the deception and have this as an element throughout their career.

So I'm guessing you have quite of Ad-mech in your group? I think you could give your PCs Hatred(Slaaneshi) once they learn of the deception and have this as an element throughout their career.

Do we have any Mechanicus in the group? Not one. It's a party of three, an Untouchable Bounty Hunter, a Cleric who replaced a character mortally wounded and a Noble Born Psyker. The Psyker is at the heart of the Mechanicum hatred really. In a bit of downtime between this campaign and the prior one he said he wanted his character, Thadius, to end up becoming something of a commander of men. I put together half a dozen sessions that would have him commanding a Cell of four green Acolytes and hopefully uncover some plot threads relevant to the campaign coming up. Through complete fault of his own, all four of the Acolytes wound up dead and it was up to Thadius to strong-arm the investigation himself. By marching right up to the Mechanicum, flashing his badge and saying "Guys, I heard there's Heresy and you might be involved. If you 'fess up now I can promise your deaths will be clean". They told him to bugger off and he feels a grave insult has been done to him.

After a combat with the group that went disastrously wrong (Think "I'll use the Inferno power in this tiny room. Wow, look at all that damage! oh god oh no wait no help ahh my body!") he spent two fate points to have the finest flesh smiths to Inquisition had to hand rebuild his body. He essentially purchased a Cybernettic Ressurection from the Inquisitors Handbook, but with less Mechanicus and more Inquisition. He now holds himself as a cursed individual, the Emperor has indirectly slapped him from Terra (and he's not sure why). He's trying to get back into the big E's goodbooks. But to do that, he needs his fleshy body back, this metal exoskeleton would never be allowed to stand beside the Emperor! A Slaaneshi Daemonhost is leading him on with promises to grant him a body and he's jumping through all the hoops.

They already all have a hatred of Tzeentch Cultists and Nurgle Cultists from the last campaign, when the bomb is dropped and they find out that Slaanesh has the Legio Cybernettica in its pocket, as well as their Psy Rating 8 Psyker, I'd imagine they'd shell out for Hatred (Slaaneshi) pretty quickly. Then ask me if it grants them +20 to shoot Thadius. Hohum.