Coordinated Interrogation talent -- Interrogation Skill not required?

By seanpp, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Interesting that having an Interrogation Skill (p105) of at least Rank-1 is not a prerequisite for taking Coordinated Interrogation talent (p124) - any chance that was an oversight?

The Coordinated Interrogation talent description starts off with, " A trained Acolyte, especially when working in conjunction with fellow veteran Acolytes, can induce cooperation from even the most hardened of suspects and captured heretics. " (Emphasis mine.) An emphasis in the description on an Acolyte that is "trained" - but not necessarily trained in Interrogation itself? Has to be an oversight, no?

Moreover, the talent description finishes, "This counts as test assistance, and thus also gains the standard assistance bonuses as per page 25." But the standard assistance bonuses on page 25 require having some rank in the skill.

Has to be an oversight.

EDIT:
Actually, after looking at the Talent more closely, I realized that the additional bonus only applies per character that has the same Talent. It wouldn't make sense for a bunch of people to pick this up without even learning Interrogate in the first place since the Characteristic they'd use would be halved.

Edited by Asymptomatic

EDIT:

Actually, after looking at the Talent more closely, I realized that the additional bonus only applies per character that has the same Talent. It wouldn't make sense for a bunch of people to pick this up without even learning Interrogate in the first place since the Characteristic they'd use would be halved.

Untrained skill use hasn't been half-characteristic for a long while. I don't know BC, but since OW untrained skills test at a flat -20.

It is the same in BC, -20 if untrained.