Attack Run

By Kcall07, in Star Wars: The Card Game

The newly revealed force pack looks amazing! The first Death Star battle is one of my favourite parts of the films and it's great to see a force park dedicated to it (Hoth got a whole cycle after all). The art of the targeting computer on I Have You Now looks great. Here's hoping for an exhaust port objective for Luke to target. I trust the second Death Star battle gets similar treatment. Maybe that's where pilot Lando fits in?

I'm just happy us players can legally have Luke pilot his X-Wing and perform a trench run on the Death Star dial now.

Before it was impossible because the set with trench run was rebel only and red 5 was Jedi only.

8 Luke Skywalkers Heroes and Legends deck here I come!

Other than Luke and Kyle, you have what... 2 Speeder Bikes, 2 Twi'lek Loyalists, Red 5, 2 Snow Speeders. Any other units in that deck?

I'm just happy us players can legally have Luke pilot his X-Wing and perform a trench run on the Death Star dial now.

Before it was impossible because the set with trench run was rebel only and red 5 was Jedi only.

It's still impossible. I mean yeah, at least now you can send Red Five on a Trench Run, but Luke won't be able to trigger since the dial doesn't count as an objective for any purpose but blast damage icons and the unopposed bonus. (Worst. Ruling. EVER.) :-\

Edited by The Gas

It's still impossible. I mean yeah, at least now you can send Red Five on a Trench Run, but Luke won't be able to trigger since the dial doesn't count as an objective for any purpose but blast damage icons and the unopposed bonus. (Worst. Ruling. EVER.) :-\

It IS possible, you just can't use any of the fancy triggering effects. Straight Blast damage and unopposed on the Death Star dial from Red 5 with Luke Piloting is actually possible now and that is what I was saying.

Before it was actually impossible to even run the right cards together in a deck. Now it is possible with the new stuff.

It's probably more advantageous in most cases to attack normal Objectives with that combo but then again, the dial only needs 10 damage on it for you to win the game. I've played games where I would have to deal 19 damage to 3 Objectives to win the game and in those games having Trench Run allowed me to actually win where I normally couldn't.

"This is not a good idea." ─Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"This is not a good idea." ─Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Phantom Menace

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" - Darth Vader, Revenge of the Sith

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" - Luke Skywalker, The Empire Strikes Back

It really is a spectacularly bad idea. Heroes & Legends wouldn't be able to affect a Luke that's been deployed as a pilot, nor would it allow you to deploy into pilot mode. So half of your Lukes would only be good for their icons (which are decent, but not worth the cost without their effects).

It really is a spectacularly bad idea. Heroes & Legends wouldn't be able to affect a Luke that's been deployed as a pilot, nor would it allow you to deploy into pilot mode. So half of your Lukes would only be good for their icons (which are decent, but not worth the cost without their effects).

It's a hilarious idea, similar to the 6 Yodas deck that I'm sure people will build once BtS is out.

It's a hilarious idea, similar to the 6 Yodas deck that I'm sure people will build once BtS is out.

6 Yoda, 4 Luke, Kyle (for 12 sets, but oh well). :D

The deck will win by attacking DS objectives with Luke Skywalker. It'll be awesome