rulings and timing on hoping for a challenge/forethought/ hero king

By Silent but deadly, in UFS Uk Forum

iv been scratching my brain and cant figure out how the timing when forethought or blood runs true and my opponent has a hero king and hoping for a challenge in hand??

can any1 pls help me figure it out as the only way i see it is wrong.

my opponent tried to attack me, i used forethought and he used hero king which states : r commit: after your opponent modifies your control check, reveal the top card of your deck. your check gets + x. x equals the control check.

then my opponent plays hoping for a challenge which does r: after your opponent modifies your control check, draw x cards. x equals the amount the control check was modified by. failing that control check does not end your combat phase. discard this card from your card pool.

so the way i see it forethought is still being applied to the initial attack but the control check for + x is being applied to hoping for a challenge.

here is a run down

opponent attacks, forethought played, hero king played revealing control check, hoping for a challenge is played with control check+ from hero king, draw x cards equal to both forethought and hoping for a challenge, then forethoughts - 2 is still applied to initial attack but it doesnt end the phase from card txt on hoping for a challenge.

i hope this is correct but im really not sure tbh and need it clarifing asap.

thankx for the help guys.

Okay, I'm gonna see if I can clear this up a bit:

You play:

Forethought

He plays:

The attack (which is Forethought'd)

Hero King

Hoping for a Challenge

So he attacks.

You then -2 his attack with Forethought.

He then boosts +X with Hero King.

He also responds with Hoping for a Challenge, to draw 2 cards from Forethought (Hero King's check modification is not counted here as Hoping for a Challenge only counts any check modification done by your opponent, not any you've done yourself) and not ending his turn if the check fails.

Forethought's -2 is still applied, neither Hero King nor Hoping for a Challenge do anything to Forethought, they just trigger off it.

The above is exactly right :)

If your opponent is the kind of person who needs an official ruling, you could try the rules Q & A forum on this site as well.

thankx alot guys i really appreciate it.

i have put it on the rules q & a just to have clarification from the rules guys.

cascade u r a star.