First TIE Swarm Deck

By AdOzzel, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Hello everyone,

I am looking for input on my first TIE Swarm deck.

Affiliation: Navy

2x Superior Numbers
2x Kuat Reinforcements

2x Defense Protocol

1x Deploy the Fleet

1x Repair and Refurbish

1x The Dark Trooper Project

1x Death and Despayre

1x Endless Reserves

There are 11 Objectives in the deck. Whenever I build a dark deck with expensive units I tend to throw in Endless Reserves. I feel it does not clog up the deck and almost always I use Vast Resources as soon as I get it.

I considered splashing Sith so I could include Black Squadron Assault but I feel it could be a bit too risky.

I am also tempted to play Endor Gambit but left it out of this particular build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't think you can go without Endor Gambit. The Carrier is so important that if it gets locked down you are in trouble.

Why the capital ship obj sets? Just curious. I run a similar deck (your first 6), but then I've added 2x Imperial Command (Motti clears focus and the set provides resources/bombardment) and 2x Black Squadron Assault (for Vader's TIE/edge bubbles - combos GREAT with the Carrier)...

I'm sure I'd find myself unable to afford anything if I threw in capital ships. But that's probably just my own luck...

Thanks, Mac.

I actually rebuilt this. Here is the current build:

2x Superior Numbers

2x Kuat Reinforcements

2x Defense Protocol

2x Imperial Command

1x Endor Gambit

1x Reconnaissance Mission

1x Endless Reserves

I've been playing:

2x Superior Numbers

2x Kuat Reinforcements

2x Defense Protocol

2x Death and Dispayre

1x Reconnaissance Mission

1x The Admiral's Assault

The Admiral's Assault is an interesting include. What is this build's total # of usable fate cards for Piett?

The Admiral's Assault is an interesting include. What is this build's total # of usable fate cards for Piett?

It looks like 7.

4x Heat of Battle from Death and Despayre, The Admiral's Assault, and Reconnaissance Mission

1x Target of Opportunity from Reconnaissance Mission

1x Battle of Hoth from The Admiral's Assault

1x Seeds of Decay from The Admiral's Assault

The deck also has 2x Twist of Fate which can't attach to Piett, but I think they're good to have anyway.

With all those heats, Admiral Piett could really mow down the enemy.

I've been running my fighter swarm deck for a while now - and it scares everyone I play it against. Black Squadron Assault is an auto-include with Superior Numbers because you could potentially get both TIE Advanced fighters out for free first turn (I almost always pull Superior Numbers to start). Also, there are only 2 sith cards in that objective set (Vader and the event nobody plays). So, you're getting the 2x TIE advanced, the BS pilot and a target out of that obj set. Invaluable, IMO...

With the carrier, you can ditch Vader in edge without worrying about getting him into play - consequently, the easiest and best way to get him into play...

The only change I'm considering is Recon Mission - the deck is really weak on edge (without the precision flying attachments). Hoping that will mitigate it a bit...

I have been playing

2x Superior Numbers

2x Kuat Reinforcements

2x Defense Protocol

2x Black Squardron Assualt

2x Shadows of Dathomir

It's a pretty silly deck, but it is funny to watch the rancor eat their Jedi mains while my tie fights blow up objectives

He is the TIE Swarm deck I was working on:

SITH

1 Black Squadron Formation

2 Black Squadron Support

2 Kuat Reinforcements

2 Defense Protocol

2 The Empire's Elite

1 Victory or Death

Superior Numbers wasn't in this deck due to the affiliation restriction but when I get the new pack (should be here today) I'm probaly going to go 6 Sith/4 Navy:

NAVY

2 Black Squadron Formation

2 Black Squadron Support

2 The Emperor's Sword

2 Guarding the Wing

2 Superior Numbers

We'll see once I have a chance to sit down and see how all the cards interact with each other and what the stat breakdown will be.

I played against this exact deck yesterday.. It's a beast. Full of surprises