Sheffield June events

By Speedsta, in UFS Uk Forum

Below as always:

UFS June 2009
Saturday 13 June 11:00

Format: Standard
Join us for our standard format June UFS event! Build a deck where every card has the four or five point shuriken symbol and prove your superiority! Prizes consist of promo cards only available in official tournaments.
New & experienced players welcome, demos available in-store.

World Warriors
Sunday 21 June 11:00

Format: Standard format, but all characters and character-only cards legal for legacy format are legal for this event.
Join us for our World Warriors event! Build a deck where every card other than your starting character has the four or five point shuriken symbol. You may also include any character or character only card in your deck which is legal in legacy format. Prizes consist of promo cards only available in official tournaments. THE FOLLOWING CARDS ARE BANNED FOR THIS EVENT: *Tycho*, Kasumi Suzaku, ***Yun-Seong*** (promo), ***Tira*** (promo), **Nakoruru** (promo), **Ukyo** (promo), **K'** (promo).

UFS June 2009 (PM)
Wednesday 17 June 19:00

Format: Standard format
Join us for our evening June UFS event! Build a deck where every card has the four or five point shuriken symbol and prove your superiority! Prizes consist of promo cards only available in official tournaments.

Uncommon Valour
Wednesday 24 June 19:00

Format: Standard format with no foil cards or starter deck-only cards other than your starting character
Join us for our Uncommon Valour event! Build a deck where every card other than your starting character has the four or five point shuriken symbol and is a common or uncommon and prove your superiority! Prizes consist of promo cards only available in official tournaments.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a PM.

- Ross

Ross isnt the 20th of june a saturday not a sunday

Umm, no, Sheffield is north of the national date line so we're one day behind the rest of the UK.

.....<edits topic and runs away>

<Edited banned list for World Warriors event>

<edit....I want a way to edit without bumping!>

Speedsta said:

World Warriors
Sunday 21 June 11:00

THE FOLLOWING CARDS ARE BANNED FOR THIS EVENT:

**K'** (promo).

- Ross

!!!

ok who came 4th at last years nats then :)

Tuesday said:

ok who came 4th at last years nats then :)

There are soooooo many answers for this, below is a selection...

skeletor-2.jpg

captainplanet.jpg

Super-Ted-Cover.jpg

17.jpg

CountDuckula.jpg

450px-X-Pac_111007.jpg

05.jpg

k-1.jpg

LOL!!!

Umm, why don't you consider the banning of **K'** a compliment....?

I kind of took exception to the idea of a first turn of "2 foundations, Forethought, Dancing Battle Kabuki (action)" and we both know it's all you would do all day..... against me you'd probably draw Experienced Combatant as one of the two foundations every time as well..... gran_risa.gif

Could you run an older card with a character only ability if you were playing that character.

For example Tiger Uppercut if you were playing Sagat (not that I am trying to get a favourable response or anything).

No, just character only cards. I did consider allowing character-only abilities as well, but there were so many of them in the earlier sets it seems like I'm sure to miss several broken combos, decks, etc (come to think of it, turn 1 Blood Runs True + Lord of the Makai (ALL), turn 2 Dancing Battle Kabuki + Tiger Uppercut (EARTH) from the old rare Sagat = 25 Damage and a hacked block. It also equals open floods of tears when the ineveitable Rejection is played).

But if this event is a success I'll probably try allowing character only abilities and cards next month to see what it's like ; )

*GASP* I could make a Chun-Li kick deck with an attack line-up comprised ENTIRELY of Chun-Li Only, Ultra rare kicks!

Go Tensei Ranka > Hoyoku-Sen > Senretsukyaku!

Now that'd be fun.

For interested parties the second event is on Sunday 18 July : )

....@ Cascade, TIGER GENOCIDE > TIGER GENOCIDE > TIGER GENOCIDE > TIGER GENOCIDE corazon.gif