Painted Werewolf & Reaper fig @ DollarTree

By DomaGB, in Talisman

These come in packs of 3. If they are in the same pack, you can get both (with a 3rd) for only $1.

Well, good news and bad news for me. I have been to 2 different Dollar Trees and they didn't have the 2 "figs" for Talisman. I should have thought of them for Talisman when I saw them the 1st time about 3 weeks ago. It only occurred to use them when someone posted these in BGG Hot Deals section for games. No one had mentioned Talisman there, just for games in general but I instantly knew it would be a good match.

Anyways I have 2 more Dollar Trees in my area to check. But good news... When I left the Dollar Tree my wife needed to stop at Walmart, so I decided to check there. They didn't have any "Halloween villages" but another customer heard me ask and she told me to check Menards. Menards was also next door so we did.

Bingo! I scored a $2 Reaper. It is twice as big as the Dollar Tree one and twice the quality as well as cost.

Check it out here:

http://www.menards.com/main/p-2375502-c-12271.htm

No Werewolf yet though.

Edited by DomaGB

So get these now, while we are in the season!

It took me 4 Dollar Trees, but finally found some, 3 stores were out! They initially were in the 1st store as I already stated but when I returned with my game plan they were gone.

But today at the 4th Dollar tree I did find some and bought 3 werewolves, and 3 Reapers, and 1 pack of Skeletons (some random game purpose).

There is a possibility I may have an extra Werewolf and Reaper. I may be playing this weekend with 2 friends who also own the game, so I should know by this weekend if I do. If so I may have a set for someone here.

I think the female "monster" is a female vampire. It could be used as the Vampiress character figure. But it's resemblance isn't very good.

I suppose the undead pirate could be used for the 2nd Edition Pirate...

I also want to say now that I have opened these, they are less breakable than I expected.

Played with the Dollar Tree figs this last weekend, big game 7 people, everyone loved them. I was surprised as most of them have more expensive tastes but none of them are painters, nor me. I bought 2 extra sets for 2 of my friends and they both actually wanted them.

One friend didn't want the bigger higher quality Reaper as it was different sized. The other friend did like it more and originally wanted to stop and get one, but he is removing the Reaper from his own games. So decided not to get it.

How about this Werewolf for only 49 cents?

hc_asm015.jpg

Much better than the Dollar Tree! I found this by buying Superhero figs for the game "Heroes Incorporated". A cool SuperHero board game, which has cardboard stands like 2nd Edition Talisman, which I am replacing with figs from elsewhere. Mostly HeroClix.

Anyways I discovered CoolStuff Inc has a sale on the loose HeroClix many of which are as cheap as 25 cents, and ship as many as you buy for only 99 cents.

Trying to decide if I want to remove the Werewolf from the bulky heroClix stand and glue it to something else. Not a big rush as I rarely use the Werewolf anyways.

Edited by DomaGB

It's that time of the year again!

pic2349663_md.jpg