Beta Update 3

By FFG_Sam Stewart, in General Discussion

Hi everyone,

So we don't have an actual update this week, but to fill the time, we have a quick article that explains which updates make it into the errata, and which updates are saved until the final. Hopefully you find it interesting!

Yeah, I'd call said article very useful information.

Thanks for the insight.

Just in F&D I see that a basic lightsaber has 5 HP, but there are not enough options really in the Beta to fill that.

Just in F&D I see that a basic lightsaber has 5 HP, but there are not enough options really in the Beta to fill that.

Thanks for the info!

I've actually become a big fan of the RPG beta process since I saw that my feedback on drop-troop survival rates in Only War had an impact on the lethality of using a grav-chute. It was really nice to see my feedback with analysis of casualty rates for normal troopers (ie, the other 6,000 NPC's making a drop with the PC's) taken on board. Half the regiment going *splat* from a normal difficulty drop was... a bit harsh.

At least, I like to think it was the feedback thread I started that initiated that change. Who knows, maybe someone at FFG was crunching some numbers and realised how bad the grav-chute beta rules were. But I choose to believe that it was me that made that impact on the final rules!

It helped me feel a lot more invested in that game, and gave me a lot of respect for FFG at the same time.

TLDR: public betas for games are good!

Edited by Hygric

Lightsaber crystal takes 2, Superior, Extended Hilt, and Curved Hilt all take 1, Dual Phase Emitter takes 2. Plenty of opportunities right there, not to mention more to come, or GMs making their own attachments.

Lightsaber crystal takes 2, Superior, Extended Hilt, and Curved Hilt all take 1, Dual Phase Emitter takes 2. Plenty of opportunities right there, not to mention more to come, or GMs making their own attachments.

That is pretty much the only build. And I don't see anybody using the Dual Phase Emitter because it is 2 HP, works only once an encounter, & get rid only melee defense which most characters of Rival & Minion status never have.

These are just the mods in the base book. I'm sure they'll add more in the assorted supplements.

That is pretty much the only build. And I don't see anybody using the Dual Phase Emitter because it is 2 HP, works only once an encounter, & get rid only melee defense which most characters of Rival & Minion status never have.

Yeah, I mostly see Dual Phase Emitter being used by enemy NPCs to shake up players. :)