Couple of Questions for newbie

By la1cajun, in Runebound

1) you can have 2 weapons, 1 armor , 2 Allies, and as many items such as potion, artifact, ect as you want?

2) You can only activate 1 item per combat?

3) solo play: event that says "when you reach a town with these certain market cards face down, you may turn the face down market card over and obtain it for free", once i do this event is resolved and goes to bottom of deck, unless playing with doom counters variant?

4) Same card above playing multiplayer: does that card that says " when you...." refer to everyone playing because event card goes on event stack till resolved or another replaces it?

5) im facing a monster that has a before combat action. If I beat it i add + 2 to my first combat roll. My weapon allows me to activate to get a free ranged attack roll before combat. Does the +2 add to my before combat free attack or not until actual combat starts?

6) monster with before combat action says if I beat X then start combat in any part i want. Lets say I start on melee instead of ranged. Does the order then go Melee-magic-then ranged, or does the round end after the magic phase of combat then to next round?

thanks guys. Just a few little odds and ends questions.

The Cajun

Sorry for the delayed reply… don't check these forums as often now that they've been moved to the archives.

Answers:

1) Correct.

2) Not quite. If a card needs to be activated (i.e., it is not a Discard-to-Use or Always-On item), you can only use that particular Activate-to-Use card/item once per combat (unless a card effect states otherwise). You may, however, activate a different Activate-to-Use card/item each combat round (see Card Activation, p. 9 of the 2nd ed rulebook).

3) Yes.

4) Yes. Event cards on the event stack apply to all players.

5) Not until actual combat starts, if I interpret the rules correctly.

6) I've always played it that the round ends after the magic phase of combat and then on to the next round. I don't think the card says that you should fundamentally alter the round sequence, just start wherever you want in the round.

Hope that helps. Glad there are still others out there enjoying the game!

Edited by TwiceBornh