The Queen ability Broodling

By MrMikkl, in StarCraft

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the technology "Spawn Broodling" of the Queen. The cards reads that one of the listed units is destroyed. But where? One unit in one skirmish or one unit of the battle or one unit on the planet? And where exactly is the advantage of this abiltiy compared to the normal splash damage? Thanks a lot for answers.

Greetz

MrMikkl

One unit in the same skirmish as the queen.

is it only for the skirmish where the queen is?

i think it is solved like splash dmg in any skirmish

Thought so as well. As long as there is such a unit in the skirmish, it is destroyed in the splash-damage-step. But I'm not entirely sure of it.

If I remember well, the timing for this card sounds like below:

At the end of "Destroy units and discard cards" step:

This is a part of skirmish resolution; skirmishes are resolved independently, one after another.

So that "Spawn Broodling" has to be resolved in the same skirmish.

hi,

thanks to all of your replies. To make it clear: "Spawn Broodling" resolves at the end of the skirmish, where the card was used AND it only affects the remaining units of THIS skirmish. That means, if I fight against a marine supported by another marine and I have a zergling supported by a queen and

1) both front units kill each other: the Broodling abiltiy affects the remaining marine

OR

2) his marine kills my zergling but stays alive, so that the Broodling ability of the Queen affects one of the 2 remaining marines (Chosen by the Defending player).

OR ANOTHER SITUATION:

3) There are 2 skirmishes: 1 marine vs. 1 zergling and 1 marine vs. 1 zergling supported by a queen: the skirmish with the queen is the first one and my zergling kills the marine and stays alive, so that the queen ability "Spawn Broodling" would trigger but has no effect because there's no remaining unit in THIS skirmish (the other marine in the other skirmish stays unaffected).

Are these ideas of the "Spawn Broodling" ability right? If they are, I think I understand how it works.

Greetz

MrMikkl

More then one mouth as already past, but i don’t like to see posts without closure, so:
Yes, that’s how it works. (as it says in: “ground unit in this skirmish”) It’s basically a free kill (in this skirmish).