Imperial Assault at the printers!

By yagyu, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Awesome, must make a time machine and go forward to when it is in stores!

The day it releases...will be a day long remembered. It will see the end of my heart palpitations, and it will soon see the end of my savings account. :unsure:

Given the huge positive response I am wondering if they are fast tracking this and we will see it sooner rather than later....say by xmas? Probably wishful thinking on my part. Need it or not I see 2 copies purchased at the get go. I never pre-order anything but I might actually buy this game before its even released.

I may preorder it, but I really want the first wave of Ally/Villain packs, so I'm hoping they'll announce those soon so I can preorder them all at once. And maybe the the inevitable dice pack too. It may take me longe to get the base game, but I'm not really interested in playing with tokens instead of miniatures.

Given the huge positive response I am wondering if they are fast tracking this and we will see it sooner rather than later....say by xmas? Probably wishful thinking on my part. Need it or not I see 2 copies purchased at the get go. I never pre-order anything but I might actually buy this game before its even released.

Unlikely. It will be at the printers for quite some time, and then god knows how long it will be on the boat.

Unfortunately, I think Sithborg is correct.

Now, if production was done in North America we might possibly have it by Christmas...and a single starter set would also cost $200.

That's why I said it was likely wishful thinking. Actually I think that shipping time on the boat is fairly predictable its the customs snags that tend to delay things from what I have heard anyway.

Expecting a FFG product earlier than their projected quarter is folly.

Expecting a FFG product earlier than their projected quarter is folly.

expecting an ffg product arriving at their projected quarter is folly. Expecting it earlier is Luke Skywalker in a different universe realizing Darth Vader is only pretending to claim to be his father (response is the same though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyxmD_UAK4

I was so wrong.....

Edited by Torresse

FF usually announces most of their products about 6-8 months in advance. I would say the game will be available by mid-March.

FF usually announces most of their products about 6-8 months in advance. I would say the game will be available by mid-March.

It wasn't a usual announcement however, it was announced at the Gen-Con event.

I would say that makes it possible to be less than their typical 6-8 months and I guess it will be late January, early February, but who knows.

Late February.

And now it is on the boat.

Umm, It's on the boat. My guess is Black Friday it will be here.

Surely this has to be a sign of the Apocalypse?

This is unbelievable. Who was it who said that expecting an FFG game before the expected quarter was folly? I was totally on his side too. Never say never.

As my FLGS pointed out as I preordered the game, the boat could sink, or US customs could impound the shipment. So it isn't here until it's here.

Release date moved from QI 2015 to Q4 2014.

Makes me glad I preordered separately and didn't wait for the Ally/Villain packs.

was already sold in small qunaties at Essen. guess the boat was there faster.....

Europe has thier own distribution for FFG games. Seperate channels and such.

Europe has thier own distribution for FFG games. Seperate channels and such.

Also, FFG likely flew those copies there.