Question about actions

By TheLastHero, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

When a unit has an action , how many times can that action be executed?

Can it resolve multiple times in 1 turn?

For example the AT-ST commander has 'action: During an engagement, spend 1 resource to place 1 shield on a participating Vehicle unit.'

An engagement has a lot of action windows, so can I place a shield token on a (different) vehicle in every action window?

If it is limited once per turn, does that mean once in your turn AND once in your opponents turn?

Another question I had about shield is: if a card says that you can place a shield on an engaged unit, can you place it on that unit card itself (if it is engaged) or does it have to be another unit?

For example the AT-ST commander has 'action: During an engagement, spend 1 resource to place 1 shield on a participating Vehicle unit.'

An engagement has a lot of action windows, so can I place a shield token on a (different) vehicle in every action window?

If it is limited once per turn, does that mean once in your turn AND once in your opponents turn?

Another question I had about shield is: if a card says that you can place a shield on an engaged unit, can you place it on that unit card itself (if it is engaged) or does it have to be another unit?

Action abilities are only limited by your ability to pay their cost (or the phrase "limit once per x"). For the AT-ST Commander, you could continue using his action as long as you had 1 resource to spend (and an available Vehicle to place a shield on). You can use it as many times in a given Action Window as you would like, not just once.

Your turn and your opponent's turn are different turns, so a "limit once per turn" ability can be used both on your turn and your opponent's turn.

Not sure what card you're referring to (or just the shielding rules in general), but if the unit with that ability is participating in the engagement then it would be able to put the shield on itself (unless the ability in question specified "other participating unit").

The AT-ST commander isn't a vechicle so can't use it's action on itself

The AT-ST commander isn't a vechicle so can't use it's action on itself

It was a different question :)

Action abilities are only limited by your ability to pay their cost (or the phrase "limit once per x"). For the AT-ST Commander, you could continue using his action as long as you had 1 resource to spend (and an available Vehicle to place a shield on). You can use it as many times in a given Action Window as you would like, not just once.

Your turn and your opponent's turn are different turns, so a "limit once per turn" ability can be used both on your turn and your opponent's turn.

Not sure what card you're referring to (or just the shielding rules in general), but if the unit with that ability is participating in the engagement then it would be able to put the shield on itself (unless the ability in question specified "other participating unit").

Thanks for the response, I was actually referring to cards with the keyword "shielding"

That's what I thought. They can indeed place the shield on themselves.