Is there a way to increase willpower beyond the normal characteristic advances?

By Mother Superior2, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Is there a tech? A ritual? Some kind of drug? Havent found it. I mean a permanent increase. Not just for a few rounds.

None that I can think of save a daemonic pact, but even then I'm not sure if that's a choosable stat.

Almost everything is increasable. Why not willpower? A ritual maybe? What would be a suitable ritual. Interchange toughness for willpower maybe? And what would be a good sacrifice?

Because in First edition Willpower makes psychic powers absolutely monstorous, moreso than they already are.

Interchanging stats is just another min maxing tactic. Just do with what you've got.

Gene-grafting (Radical's Handbook) could get you Unnatural Willpower if you found an appropriate base creature to steal it from. And were willing to risk the procedure.

I don't see why a daemonic pact wouldn't let you increase Willpower. Might not technically be RAW, but if not, I don't think it's that much of a stretch, nor particularly unbalancing, given what you're doing for it.

^this. Gene-grafting or going full out heretic are pretty much your only options, yes.

Edited by DeathByGrotz

Gene-grafting.... Get myself an eldarbrain?

Maybe the Mechs have some kind of mental hood.

Thnx everyone for your contributions.

In the core game you can't really do much after character generation in that regard, but Ascension gives the players two additional advances for their characteristics.

That's really it for willpower, but there are other ways of becoming mentally stronger, so "more willpower" isn't always the only solution.

Edited by The Metal Inquisitor

If you give yourself an eldar brain then you will cease to exist, as it won't be your brain.

If you give yourself an eldar brain then you will cease to exist, as it won't be your brain.

Transgenic Grafting doesn't specify, though. You could get an eldar spleen and argue that it should give you one of their Traits.

Only an idiot of a GM would buy it, though, and I don't think Transgenic Grafting can actually raise your Characteristics.

But yeah.

Gene-grafting.... Get myself an eldarbrain?

Maybe the Mechs have some kind of mental hood.

Thnx everyone for your contributions.

Well obviously, like ThenDoctor pointed out, you can't replace your brain. Arguably, you could cut out half your brain and undergo the Rite of Duplessence, replacing the half cut out with an eldar brain, through Transgenic Grafting, but I don't even want to think about what that'd do to you, if anything.

The only thing I can think of for a "Mental Hood" is a Psychic Hood, but that'd only benefit a Psyker, and then still mostly when opposing other psykers.

I think there are a few drugs which increase willpower for specific purposes (resisting Fear/Possession etc etc)

Don't know what you need the increased Willpower for, so I can't exactly give more detailed tips :)

Well obviously, like ThenDoctor pointed out, you can't replace your brain. Arguably, you could cut out half your brain and undergo the Rite of Duplessence, replacing the half cut out with an eldar brain, through Transgenic Grafting, but I don't even want to think about what that'd do to you, if anything.

Hmm, now I'm thinking of having Dark Eldar raiders stealing mon'keigh to put their enemies in. That or using them in experiments to see if it will bypass the Slaneesh wanting their souls. Is your soul in your brain? Your body? Is it your conciousness?

Indirectly you can raise it to be used against mind-affecting Psychic powers, fear, and the like.

I am of course thinking of the Talent,

Resistance (-)