Netherlands Players

By gandalfDK, in Player community

Helloo,

I was just wondering if there are any players from the Netherlands here?

We could join and play some games together!

Would like to hear from you!

Greetings from Holland

Hoi!

I'm Dutch, and there are a couple of others around that I am aware of, but not many.

If you want to get together to play, your best bet is to go to a gaming shop in a city near you.

As most guys I know of play in their own group at home with their friends.

There's usually a few chaps in a bigger game store who at least know about the game and want to try it with you; or so I've heard.

Hope that helps!

Hallo!

Nice to 'meet' someone from the Netherlands who's also active in this community.

Leeuwarden is the city that's in my area, but they're all about Magic there..

But thanks for the advice.

Any case you live in one of the three northern provinces?

Friesland eh? Haven't been there for ages, but I lived in Drachten for 3 years.

Though now I live on the coast in Zuid Holland, which is probably a bit too far from Friesland to travel to for a game.

I would think there's not much gaming buzz going on in the North, but maybe in Groningen?

From what I hear it became quite a lively city the last few decades.

Otherwise, you might want to ask this question on the BBG forums as well.

They got a larger and friendly community. (I just lurk there)

Yeah, Friesland Drachten.

Aha, that's indeed a bit too far, sadly.

Yeah, I will move to Groningen next year (if all goes well) so I'll see what's going on there then.

Same thoughts, same thoughts, sadly I don't know any other players here..

I'll ask there too! Any change you play on OCTGN?

Nah, I've never tried OCTGN, as I got my buddies I play with here once a week; which is enough for me.

Though if you are willing to try OCTGN you don't really need Dutch people, do you now.

In this day & age you can play with anyone anywhere anytime through the netz......even from Friesland! ;)

Yeah, I know!

I tried already a lot of times, but most players are USA and with the timedifference, they're not much online when I am..

Once a week! Great! I'm jealous. ;)

Are you planning to attent the Fellowshipevent of October anywhere?

Yup, we are attending through a gaming shop in Leiden.

The shop owner is playing with us, so we're full.

There's two groups though, and I have no clue if the other is complete as I don't know them.

I could ask if you are interested?

Edited by Noccus

Ah, cool!

No, save yourself the trouble. I saw an event in Utrecht, so maybe I'll go there.

If by any chanche I find myself in Leiden en omstreken I'll be sure to contact you; maybe we could play a game! :)

Thanks for the talk and advice! Its good to speak to a Dutch person who plays this game!

Hi,

Im also dutch but live in Belgium. Around 30 minute car drive from Eindhoven.

Grtz, jban

Hi!

Nice to hear from you! Do you also have a group of people playing LoTR in your city?

Mostly playing online (daily) , but next to that I play once every 2/3 weeks with a good friend of me who introduced me ti the game about 2 years ago.

Cool! Octgn? :) It's hard to find people with the same timeline..

Yes, I have my own group of players (Spain 1x, Germany 1x, UK 1x) but I'm online a lot of times so probably we could play some by that channel.

Grtz Jban

I'd like that!

Same name on OCTGN, I'll be there again from 12 october. Cruising around the West Coast now. :-) !!!

Have fun in the Undying Lands. ;)

No other players from the Netherlands?

Yup, Nijmegen here. I mostly play sollo of with the gf, so no real interest in playing online dor with a playgroup :P

I know of at least 4 more players in nijmegen. But this game is really suited to soloplay (albeit difficult :) )

Hallo,

Cool to hear from you. Yeah, I hear that a lot, like with Beorn and his Beorness, but my gf doesn't know more about LotR than that Gollum makes scary sounds....

Thanks for the reply and have fun with you group there!

Hallo,

Achterhoek hier!!! (Groenlo)

All corners of the country as it seems. NL is a small country but sadly still too far apart for LotRLCG

Ha,

I've seen your name before! :) Cotr twitvh stream I guess.

Yes, sadly.. I recently discovered a smaal playgroup in Groningen, in the Purple Dragon, so I'm checking that right now. Still sad indeed..

Old topic still... Im player from Brussels willing to play anytime :)

Hi all,

I'm in Ghent Belgium, which is close enough to the Netherlands. In the dutch-speaking part of Belgium.

Thought I'd also add myself in here then.
Brussels is close for me, if you feel like a game we could meet up.