RtL "?"

By Zearthling, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

When encountering a Lt, do the Avatar Upgrades purchased have effect on the before mentioned Lt?

I'm guessing no, but I couldn't find anything specific in the book, and it's far to late at night to search the FAQ boards... Not that it (the book) needs editing or a real index *cough*, I'm just asking for the low-down from you (any of you).

Thanks in advance!

Zearthling said:

When encountering a Lt, do the Avatar Upgrades purchased have effect on the before mentioned Lt?

I'm guessing no, but I couldn't find anything specific in the book, and it's far to late at night to search the FAQ boards... Not that it (the book) needs editing or a real index *cough*, I'm just asking for the low-down from you (any of you).

Thanks in advance!

Your question isn't very clear (at least to me).

Which Avatar upgrades are you talking about?
If you mean the ones adding Gold dice, extra armour special abilities etc, then no.
If you mean ones that affect specific monster types, such as dragon, giant, ogre, beastman, etc., then probably not. Most (possibly all) of the Lts are not actually any of the usual monster types - even the dragon special Lt is not actually a dragon, despite flying, breath and a large base.
If you mean Treachery (which isn't really an Avatar upgrade properly, but the rules use two different definitions), then yes.

Basically, the answer is no.

Yes that was what I was asking, and no, I guessed right.

Just couldn't find anything to support that in the book, so I took a guess from just using common sense.

If I have any that is... HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks again Player!