Is it possible to have a closer game?

By Ersatz Nihilist, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Whilst waiting patiently for Conquest to be delivered, I've been doing intro games for pretty much everyone I can over OCTGN. After this evening, I don't think it's possible for a game to be any closer.

It came down to the final planet, both Warlords accompanied by sizeable armies - both of which were ground down to nothing, leaving only the two Warlords slugging it out on top of a huge pile of bodies. The final round of combat came around and neither of us had enough hit points to take a single blow. I had initiative.

I struck.

The last card in his hand was a single shield.

He struck back.

I died.

I think he's going to order a copy.

Edited by Ersatz Nihilist

Epic ending...in my most recent game my opponent was playing Orks over Chaos and put Runic Armor and then a Cybork body on an Enraged Ork! He was Brutal and had 14 health!! I did get him to 13 damage in one battle with my Eldar over Dark Eldar deck but he retreated before I could make the killing blow. Then, I used the Battle ability of Carnath to trigger the battle ability of Atrox Prime. 1 Damage incoming to all his units at HQ...and then he discards his final shield. Later, he used Iridial to heal that Ork for 13 damage, LOL!

It was still a close game, but what I wouldn't have given for a Fury of Sicarius at that point.