Force Weapons and Feral World Psykers

By Dan_of_Hats, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I just noticed something; in the description for force weapons, it says they count as a BC Mono version of the equivalent Low-Tech weapon they're based off of. Supposedly that means you can have all manner of Force weapons if the GM is willing to allow that they exist in the setting (Force Hammer; just try telling me the 40K universe hasn't tried that), but I'm curious how it works in relation to the special ability Feral World characters get, which essentially gives all Low-Tech weapons they use the Proven [3] quality. Force weapon profiles are under their own heading in the weapon profiles section, but they don't require a specific Weapon Training to utilise and their description flat out says that they're essentially Low-Tech weapons with some extra gubbins for Psykers to get more bang for their buck.

How would you come down on such a ruling? Personally, given how expensive Psy Rating can be, I think it might not be as broken as it initially sounds, as most players are going to have a hard time covering Weapon Skill and Strength Advances to make it really worth getting stuck in (let alone Toughness and Defensive skills and talents to ensure they can live through it), and having the minimum damage threshold bumped up a couple of points isn't likely to murder that NPC you spent all night coming up with a whole lot faster.

I'd give it to them. It makes sense and Proven (3) is barely any bonus at all, so whatever.

Afaik, Force Weapons are (again - still don't have DH2, I might be wrong) categorized as Force Weapons, even if they used to be Low-Tech Weapons.

Meaning that the bonus would not apply.

Me, I'd let them have it. Proven (3) is pretty low, except arguably with 1d5 weapons - but why would you be using 1d5-weapons as Force Weapons, from a power perspective?

As there is no Weapon Training: Force talent within the rules, and per the Force quality "counts as Best craftsmanship Mono variants of the equivalent Low-Tech weapon" I would say the Feral Worlder's special ability applies. After all, if the weapon is used by a non-Psyker, it's still a Mono version Best craftsmanship Low-Tech weapon.

-=Brother Praetus=-