My POTM report

By Nemesis15, in UFS Uk Forum

My journey to POTM began on the friday, I stayed at Joe's that night so I was already in Colchester, but I would have to go home to get some stuff for POTM, Once we had all met up at our local games club we just chilled out for a while before we all headed to Joes.. Although Me, Ricky, Oliver and Johnathan went to the train station to get our tickets early to avoid a rush in the morning when we had finished we made our way back towards the games club were the others were still there waiting for us.

When we arrived we went to Joes and did some last minute testing, Then I began to test Nagase as an aggro charcter instead of a control character which seemed to look but then I thought it was to tempermental so I kept Order Control..

As the evening got later we were getting quite tired, We were all playing different games consoles in different rooms in Joes House, Joe was playing Infamous on the PS3 and Alex, Oliver and Johnathan were playing Pokemon, me and Kyle were playing CVS2 and KOFMI2, soon after Drew and Fiona arrived, and then I decided to call a taxi to avoid a long walk to the train station from Joes house.

I got to about 1am before we all decided to go to sleep, since me, Oliver and Johnathan wud have like 4 hrs sleep, we wanted to get all the sleep we could get.. Although when it got to 2am we just talked all night and then we got ready and then taxi arrived, Then we made our way to the train station were Ricky would meet us..

Once we got to the Train Station we made our way to the platform were the train was already there, but we had a 20min wait until it would leave, so we just talked and a bite to eat while we were waiting. Once the doors had opened the journey to loughborough had begun.. We arrived at London Liverpool St at 6.30, when then made our way to the undergorund were we needed to get Kings Cross St Pancras, we had to wait a couple of minutes for the train that wasnt a problem once to train arrived we were sitting for about 10 mins and we were there..Once we got of the train we made our way to platform were our train to Loughborough would be we got on the train in good time, and had a tem minute wait then we were on our way to Loughborough..

Once on the train I began to feel really tired and since the train journey was quite long I figured I would get some sleep, the other 3 played Pokemon.. I slept for a good hour then was ok then I started to think of ideas for new decks, buy the time I had come up with some ideas we were arriving at Loughborough..

Once we left the station we all made phone calls to let our parents know we were ok and got there safely, then we needed to get the bus to the university which was nice and easy.. Luckily once we got on the bus Steve and his group joined us on the bus. We all made our way to the venue much to our amazement Joe, Alex, Kyle, Drew and Fiona had beaten us there. Now we all had arrived we began to do some trading before the tournament for future decks.. Then more and more familiar faces were arriving, Ross Graham, Matt Hewitt, JJ, Baz, Bevan,Mark and Craig..

After about 40 had arrived Steve opened the registration, once everyone had registered the UK Path of the Master had begun..

Round 1

Me/Nagase VS JJ/JJ

I thought round 1 what are the chances, we all get sat and then the POTM promos are handed out to everyone..

Game 1

We both get a foundation base out, but I use Pommel Smash and abuse Psycho to gradually tap him down. Then using double Kuzuryu Reppa to were him down for game..

We had about 10 mins left so we decided to carry on. So I held him off as much as I could it paid off during his turn he said he couldn't kill me so he extended the hand shake and I accepted.. Awesome games though..

Round 2 Me/Nagase VS ?/Yi Shan Promo

Game1

I built up a good control base and then proceeded to Pommel Loop him until I drew Kuzuryu Reppa..

Game 2

Same as 1st round but instead Defender loop instead of Reppa smash.

Round 3

Me/Nagase VS ?/Padma/Zi Mei

Game 1

He begins to get some hits in early but I soon get a defence and hold him off until Double Reppa

Game 2

He sides into Zi Mei, I didnt really have nothing to worry about since I had Dorment for Millions of yrs in play, He throws attack after attack at me I a Lord of the Makai and Nagase ready to reduce everything. I was able to hold him off until I had Defender Loop..

Round 4

Me/Nagase VS Mark/Akuma

Game 1

This was an intense match since Mark mulliganed 2 Tiger Fury's and RFG a 3rd so there was only 1 left in his deck, So it was a control VS control until he drew his last Fury or I broke through for game.. I went for the kill but he held most of it off. I kind of over extended at this point so I was right for the picking all he had to do was play the fury he drew and use Akuma's E then BRT x 2 the block.. Insanely intense game Mark well played..

Game 2

We didnt have much time left so I sided Warriors Path and then attempted to go for a quick kill, but I drew no attacks in my opening hand but was too good to mulliagan so I played what I could then he played his cards then I was praying for a Kuzuryu Reppa and a Pommel Smash, I had the Kuzuryu but no Pommel so Akuma wud make me fail the check, I extended the hand Shake there was nothing I could do..

so at the moment I am 3-0-1

The Final round was between my Nagase VS the other Nagase deck that was there, So who ever won would top 8.

Round 5

Me/Nagase VS Jason/Nagase

I was playing pure Order were as Jason was playing Order/Chaos.

Game 1

We both were playing near enough the same cards, There was a Dorment War which was hilarious. We both start well but I over extend in an attmept to kill before he can Arrow Lock me, But the next turn he locked me down for game..

Game 2

Same as last time we both get a good start, but then Double Ira Spinta's and then goes on to control the game from there..

Sadly I didnt top 8 but I still had alot of fun during the day..Overall it was an awesome day seeing old faces and playing some amazing games..

Luckily though 4 Colchester players did top 8 which was awesome for our playgroup..

Once the dust had settled from an awesome Me, Ricky, Oliver and Johnathan made our way to the Train Station for our joureny home..

Pros

Deck doing well

Seeing some familiar faces again

Good Turnout

Getiing some awesome trades

Playing some intense games

Cons

The Heat

Being really tired

The Journey

Nemesis said:

Round 3

Me/Nagase VS ?/Padma/Zi Mei

Game 1

He begins to get some hits in early but I soon get a defence and hold him off until Double Reppa

That was me playing the Padma.

You actually Defender looped both games, I didn't even know you had a Reppa in the deck, only attacks I saw were Mega Spikes and 1 checked Pommel Smash. I don't think I actually lost a point of vitality in our games, just didn't have a defense against Defender looping so I scooped as soon as it came about.

Thanks for showing me that Dormant btw, it was a piece of Order control I hadn't considered beforehand.

Also, do you know who won? I left not long after I top8'd then didn't top8 lol, couldn't stand the heat anymore.

You spelt my name wrong grrrr dan its Jonathan

Does anyone know if any of the UK top 8 posted any deck lists? I am interested in seeing how our UK blokes metagame fair to us Americans.

My Top 4 Donovan Deck is posted in the deck-building forums, if you'd like to have a look at that?

Yeah, I took a look at it, I also heard there was a Kula deck? Anyone know where I could find that?