potm

By Tuesday2, in UFS Uk Forum

Just wanna say a huge thank u to steve for running this event and organising everything for it, i had a lot of fun meeting up with everyone again. fanatasic day out, also big thank you to kev for staying and running the final even though i'm sure you had had enough of the sweat and heat of the rooms as well. hope to see u all at the end of june happy.gif .

Yeah, it was really awesome to see everyone again. It's been a long time.

The big thank you to Kev and Steve is seconded. Without you guys there would be no UFS in the UK, and everyone knows it well. All your hard work is massively appreciated.

Who won in the end?

We was very glad to see you all guys. And we'll expect to come for the Uk nats next time !

Mark won defeating Chun Li in the final

+1 KUDOS to Steve and Kev, awesome event guys!

I call for deck lists and big ole tournament reports!

Lets hear more about the UK Meta and such!

Just wanted to add my thanks to Steve for organising and running a top event, and handling the issues extremely well.

I'm also well impressed that I managed to come dead last - now you all know why I ran events rather than playing in them gran_risa.gif

Kev

Nemesis said:

Mark won defeating Chun Li in the final

Which Mark? There were at least 2 in the top 8.

Mark who played Akuma

OMG, Congrats Tuesday... Hopefully we get a rematch sometime in the future... and we demand a tournament report when you get the chance!!!

hey guys/gals

yeah i loved this tourny and did ok considering. a big thank you to steve and kev as they ran a very good tourny.

here is too the next 1 which i hope is equality as good, and with the addition of the french guys turning up (which i managed 2 play twice in a 5 round tourny) it generally wrapped up a large but very hot sweaty room full of people.

anyway c u all soon guys/gals for the next instalment.

Paul

Zzasikar said:

The big thank you to Kev and Steve is seconded. Without you guys there would be no UFS in the UK, and everyone knows it well. All your hard work is massively appreciated.

Thirded as well - especially considering that they overcame massive software problems on the day by taking time to re-input all of the points scores manually :)

Antigoth said:

I call for deck lists and big ole tournament reports!

Lets hear more about the UK Meta and such!

Okay, since you asked for it, I can give you a quick idea of what went down for me.

I was running my (then) faithful HanzoKick deck, slightly modded since the Sheffield Regional in terms of round off some cards and taking out others. The deck was fully revolved around looping now, but something I changed made the deck seem a lot slower to set up or draw into what I needed. Either that or it was the complete lack of Red Lotus which I thought I had already put in.

Round 1: Vs Jason's Nagase. Spiral Arrow lock is nasty.
Round 2: Vs Justin's Zhao Daiyu. We both had bad draws, but he got the upper hand.
Round 3: Vs Terry3 (sorry forgot your name). French people are really nice, sadly his deck wasn't prepared for loop.
Round 4: Vs Kyle's Kula. Just like in practice, Kyle wins. But helluva fun while at it.
Round 5: Vs JJ. Character negators are not a good matchup for Hanzo.
FINAL SCORE FOR RICKY: 1W 4L >_<

So, with my thoughts believing Sheffield was a fluke, I've decided to put Hanzo to rest for now and I'm working on Earth Rashotep now, but unfortunately Earth doesn't kill very fast. At least I found a copy of Zombies!!! 2 which I have been searching for!