Rules

By Ragnar-27, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hello all,

So, I played Arcona Rumor Monger - " While this unit is attacking alone, in order to declare any defenders, an opponent must declare at least 2 defenders."

This question came up:

1. He has only one blaster icon and no blast icons.

2. Can this unit attack an enemy unit by itself without declaring a target objective card? Considering that this particular card has no way of causing damage to the objective card.

3. Also, the only way for his ability to take effect he has to attack alone.

Thanks! :)

1. Yes, the unit only has a single edge-enabled unit damage icon.

2. Units only use their combat icons during engagements and engagements don't happen unless an objective is engaged. Any objective can suffer unopposed damage if there are no participating defenders after the resolve strikes step of an engagement.

3. Correct, the only way to use the unit's ability is to engage an objective with only that unit.

Other ways to maximize the damage from this guy (and thus make it more likely for your opponent to want to block):

Against All Odds

Across the Anoat Sector

Raise the Stakes

At the very least, you can score 1 unopposed damage. 1 damage can be important at the end of a game, i've lost/won by one damage more often then i'd of thought

Thanks everyone for the clarification! :D

Battlefield Engiineer.

Reaction ....remove 1 focus token from a target enhancement you contol.

What is a target enhancement in this context. A unit or objective can gain focus but can an enhancement card?

I cannot find this in the rules.

Does this card mean remove a focus token from a unit with an enhancement ?

or

should the word enhancement be replaced by unit (This makes the most sense)

Asked and answered at BGG already. May as well ask at cardgamedb as well and hit the trifecta.

I never hought of that lol. I wasn't sure which forum was more active , I only purchased this week and I have found some FFG games tend to favour one forum or the other.

I am sure there re no forum rules against this and often I have found multiple some appreciate cross forum posts.

I never hought of that lol. I wasn't sure which forum was more active , I only purchased this week and I have found some FFG games tend to favour one forum or the other.

I am sure there re no forum rules against this and often I have found multiple some appreciate cross forum posts.

There are some here that will answer any rules questions but some players mostly use the cardgamedb forums for Star Wars.

Battlefield Engiineer.

Reaction ....remove 1 focus token from a target enhancement you contol.

What is a target enhancement in this context. A unit or objective can gain focus but can an enhancement card?

I cannot find this in the rules.

Does this card mean remove a focus token from a unit with an enhancement ?

or

should the word enhancement be replaced by unit (This makes the most sense)

To clarify for anyone who stumbles across this thread later:

There are indeed enhancements that can have focus tokens on them (Heavy Blaster Emplacement, Trust Your Feelings, several different resource producing enhancements, etc). Battlefield Engineer can remove focus tokens from those cards.

I don't see any point keeping these forums alive really, when cardgamedb is also owned by FFG, has the deck-builders, and is more active.

I don't see any point keeping these forums alive really, when cardgamedb is also owned by FFG, has the deck-builders, and is more active.

There are new players that get help here because they do not know of cardgamedb.

To me it is worth it to keep these forums open just to help the newcomers.

Tell you what, I'll keep watching for rules questions here and you can just ignore them and concentrate on cardgamedb ;)

You're right though, it is somewhat odd for FFG to own cardgamedb and not have really done anything to incorporate it... I'd expect them to merge the forums and then make the "Community" link from their page lead to cardgamedb or something like that... who knows.