REPAINTS, CONVERSIONS & SCRATCH BUILD THREAD

By Gadge, in X-Wing

You know bulldoguk, I know that I can build something like that. But now I don't have to. :D Mighty fine work there!

Legend.

Top work Bulldog ;)

A selection of Rebels, repainted in my take on the classic colours.

Dufr9m4.jpg

Much more photos in my topic: Flying under new colours

Cheers

Chris

Gawd knows how but I managed to sneak in some time to finish the space station off, I can finally throw it on the shelf and reclaim a large space on my table!

Xwingstation1_zpscc2566ad.jpg

How many shields are not that Rebel scoundrel hideout? I don't see any weapons on it... should be an easy kill for the Imperials. ;)

Great job!

Gawd knows how but I managed to sneak in some time to finish the space station off, I can finally throw it on the shelf and reclaim a large space on my table!

Xwingstation1_zpscc2566ad.jpg

This is stellar, such an excellent build and top notch paint, bravo! I really enjoy the greeble and the lighting effects, thank you for this.

Gawd knows how but I managed to sneak in some time to finish the space station off, I can finally throw it on the shelf and reclaim a large space on my table! Xwingstation1_zpscc2566ad.jpg

How many shields are not that Rebel scoundrel hideout? I don't see any weapons on it... should be an easy kill for the Imperials. ;)

Great job!

I dunno but that is truly epic terrain and i can see how it would play in the same way as using a 'huge ship' as scenery unless perhaps you chose 'land' as an action when flying onto it.

I know i'd buy one of these if someone made a resin kit anyway....

Well spotted Filter but don't tell the Imperials, we prefer them to fly blindly into a trap ;)

There are of course the 47 turbo turrets and 17 missile launchers underneath....which you can't see :P

I'd buy one if it came painted that is awesome!!!

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

Finished 'gold squadron' off tonight.

I was going to paint my two new Y wings up as 'grey' squadron but i can see myself buying another four for that.

Its not the most indepth repaint. i just find the factory yellow and grey really weak and lacking in contrast.

ywimgs_zps6688c0d4.jpg

Goldies lookin' good, sir. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to buy a ridiculous quantity of everything just to paint them up differently.

Funnily enough, i dont care that all my X wings have red trim (two core set, one xpansion, one transport X as 'flight leader') but i like my A wings to be four blue, four red (only got two of each), my Y's to be all gold and I'm happy for my B's to be two blue and two dagger.

I like things in twos or fours generally.

But i do love Y wings so i can see me having more than i'll ever need... and like i say they are the most 'poor' out of the box paint wise out of the range. Personally i think changing the white on the cockpit and nacells from grey and making the weak yellow more 'amber' makes the cockpit look less flat. Also painting the turret guns black makes it look less like they have skis mounted on the roof.

I love Y wings, its just a shame its such a 'squashed' looking model that really needs a repaint.

No i agree totally

I've not bought anything 'new' for wargames for years til xwing

the attraction and 'buy in' for me was that i didnt have to paint yet another army

but....

If i had a downer on the game, knowing that if i wanted to get back into it i could buy a new tie swarm that was *exactly* the same would make me less reticent about selling up.

Whereas my Kath Scarlet firespray i wouldnt sell becasue it took me a couple of hours to paint and i cant be bothered to do it again.

Im not saying pre paints is a bad thing. Im just saying that when you've put a long time into making something you're less likely to want to let it go.

When i was at GW i made this massive case for selling 'pre painted' armies of the more popular ones (marines, eldar, orcs) as i was playing 20mm WWII at the time and 'dragon' were making 1/72 scale tiger tanks with amazing pre paints for not much more than buying the plastic kit so all my WWII amrour was pre painted.

I brought it up at a strategy meeting and was pretty much given a bollocking because it 'wasnt the hobby'. I could not get people to see that to some people they have no interest in painting, they just want to buy and play. But then again paints are 15 per cent of GWs sales!

Instead people turn up with a poor undercoat or bare plastic model, me I couldn't put a unit on the table that wasn't finished to my personal standard and it hurt to see other people just dump down badly assembled unpainted crap.

Yeah i agree. When i was GWs tourny /organised play manager i had to take a warhammer world staff member to one side fot a 'chat' as his slaanesh army was sprayed pink, had the bases painted flat green , weapons black and the exposed skin white or similar. *technically* it was legal as it had been undercoated, assembled and had at least three different colours on the model so counted as 'painted' but i knew he could paint to a far higher standard and was paying lip service to the rules.

The reason i pulled him to one side was that as a staffer and a store painter he should have been setting an example if he chose to play in a high profile event.. not essentialy saying 'just do the minimum'.

I didnt stop him playing it, just pointed out it didnt really make him look good to his manager at the warhammer world store who was the person who mentioned it to me... he was just one gamer in 200 on that weekend, i would not have noticed if not told about it.

Usually the standard of painting and modelling at a GT is exceptional... hence why it was acutely embarassing that one of the staff decided to do as little as possible rather than use one of the many well painted armies he had.

My Power Rangers squad. Of course Howlrunner gets the pink TIE.

pic2305388_md.jpg

If you know of people who play 150 point builds,

add a Royal Guard Interceptor...

Royal Guard Pilot (22) Red Trim

Royal Guard Title (0)

Expose (4)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Experimental Interface (3)

"Mauler Mithel" (17) Red

Predator (3)

Lieutenant Lorrir (23) White - "Lambourgini Lorrir"

Shield Upgrade (4)

"Howlrunner" (18) Pink

Push the Limit (3)

"Dark Curse" (16) Black

Stealth Device (3)

"Backstabber" (16) Blue

"Winged Gundark" (15) Yellow

Total: 150

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by gabe69velasquez

My Power Rangers squad. Of course Howlrunner gets the pink TIE.

pic2305388_md.jpg

As a Power Rangers/Super Sentai fan, that is freaking awesome! Now, where's the DragonRanger? :D

I'm always forgetting about this thread. Oh well, here's some more pics.

Z-95yFin1.jpg

Z-95yFin9.jpg

Z-95yFin5.jpg

I'm always forgetting about this thread. Oh well, here's some more pics.

Z-95yFin1.jpg

Z-95yFin9.jpg

Z-95yFin5.jpg

Those are stunning! Absolutely incredible stuff.

MacrossVF1 . . . You have some serious skills!

Loving the transfers on the z95s, i've alway avoided waterslide transfers before because of the shiny 'edge' you get to them, i know you can get stuff to remove this or paint over the edge but it always seemed just easier to paint the whole symbol

I may have to revise my view on that, those are awesome.

I love that cherry blossom.. I wanna make a Sakura squadron.. lol.. the dragon and fox are also equally awesome, I'd love to know which decal paper you used as I also do decals on many of mine. All my imp cogs are decals on my ships, but a great stencil from Jay has me doing painted ones soon.

I may decal some x wings soon as well.. lol..

These are my first repaints:

IMGP8646.jpg

Nice X-55 Rhino in the background! I love mine! Are you in ED, SC, or both? I'm in both, same username as here.

Oh, and incredible job on that A-Wing!