REPAINTS, CONVERSIONS & SCRATCH BUILD THREAD

By Gadge, in X-Wing

I have a bunch of repainted stuff but (brace for stupid question) how do I post pictures in my reply? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

You'll need to host the pics somewhere, like Flikr, and then use links generated from there to post here. FFG doesn't provide their own hosting for the boards.

I have a bunch of repainted stuff but (brace for stupid question) how do I post pictures in my reply? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

You'll need to host the pics somewhere, like Flikr, and then use links generated from there to post here. FFG doesn't provide their own hosting for the boards.

(I'm not sure I understand this game...)

(I'm not sure I understand this game...)

I use phototbucket

Here's my first go at a repaint.

I lightly (but heavier than I had aimed to do) spray-painted it black, and then added some blue-gray elements as well as a double white stripe.

I'll be using it for Jonus or Rhymer.

bomber.jpg

Nicely done, I dig bombers and need to stripe a couple for fun.. just did an advanced in the interceptor blue, looks dad-gum good to me.. lol.. might post a picture soon when I get around to photographing it

Nicely done, I dig bombers and need to stripe a couple for fun.. just did an advanced in the interceptor blue, looks dad-gum good to me.. lol.. might post a picture soon when I get around to photographing it

Yeah, I got the idea for the double stripe from the Wookieepedia description of the Gamma Squadron. However, in the imagery, the double stripe looks like it's located at the hinge of the wings. In my mind's eye I just saw it the way that I painted it, and so I went with that.

I'll look out for that photograph.

These two are my first attempt at a repaint, I like the wash better on the y-wing but I'm not sure about the cockpit. I just used testors model paint, do the citadel and other "warhammer paints" work better?

IMAG0347.jpg

Those are lovely if those are your first repaints i assume you're either already a miniature gamer painter or usy one very talented guy!

Great work.

These two are my first attempt at a repaint, I like the wash better on the y-wing but I'm not sure about the cockpit. I just used testors model paint, do the citadel and other "warhammer paints" work better?

Nice work!

It's been a very long time since I've used Testors. Is that still enamel? I really do like the water-soluble acrylic paints, such as those produced by Games Workshop. I went and bought some non-GW paints.

Nice work!

It's been a very long time since I've used Testors. Is that still enamel? I really do like the water-soluble acrylic paints, such as those produced by Games Workshop. I went and bought some non-GW paints.

Yeah, they're still enamel. They work GREAT for 1/72, 1/48, and 1/35, but I haven't tried it on any X-Wing miniatures.

I lightly (but heavier than I had aimed to do) spray-painted it black, and then added some blue-gray elements as well as a double white stripe.

bomber.jpg

Is that a Gamma?

Jonus and Rhymer are Scimitar.

Nice work!

All enamel yes, I thinned them slightly for the details and substantially for the wash, they seemed to work pretty well, although I had to be careful with the Orange/white not to muddy them into the wash coat, not sure if that's less of a problem with water based paints? I also didn't realize that the Orange I was using is gloss, I'm going to have to go back in and fix that...

If using a wash with enamels, leave the base coat to dry for at least a week before applying the wash otherwise you can lift the base colour.

bomber.jpg

Is that a Gamma?

Jonus and Rhymer are Scimitar.

Hush!

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Got some pictures of my Advanced repaints. I really like the "Int Blue" one, and the royal is just a hack up lol.. it's been red sine early 2013.. just needed some touch up for fun, and the red 'glow' in the canopy. I'd kill for an LED system and battery pack that would fit inside one of these guys.. lol

20141128_014859.jpg

20141128_015615.jpg

20141128_015637.jpg

The blue/grey is the one I posted last week that needed some touch up, I gave it a fair going over with the blue grey and then hit it with nuln oil again. Then redid the front glass with some red and a wash to give that interior red glow. with my eyes as bad as they are these days I see double sometimes and the fine details are starting to get missed. I'm happy with both of these as is, but wanted to share them and see what you guys thought.

WIP Asteroid base. Somewhere for those scum and villains to put their feet up and have a cup of tea or maybe a forward outpost for the Rebels or Empire?

Something I have had a mind to do for a while since I created the smaller versions and seeing Macross's fine scratch build inspired me to pull my finger out :)

The rear platform will be removable too and include several plug-ins such as a missile launcher and docking boom for those awkward ties and larger ships

AsteroidbaseWIP3_zps6efeeed0.jpg

Might even add an optional booster pod so it can move across the battlefield!

AsteroidbaseWIP1_zps0f17fb91.jpg

AsteroidbaseWIP2_zps9e275814.jpg

Of course I added my own brand of bling to it, top comes off and you can park your ships inside!

AsteroidbaseWIP4_zps64a7e0a4.jpg

AsteroidbaseWIP5_zps007d3288.jpg

That asteroid base is amazing! I like when anyone makes a space station or rock base for X-Wing. I wish there was a good way to incorporate them into the game!

Here are my repaints for the YT-2400s. I painted Leebo's similar to his own scheme, though more blue than blue-grey. For Dash, I just incorporated some purple and details.

BZGnxwF.jpg?1

repaint for upcoming scum & villainy: Z-95 Headhunter N Dru Suhlak :)

ndru-suhlak.png

img_9210.jpg

img_9211.jpg

WIP Mos Eisley Droid Shop

pic2324678.jpg

Edited by Krell

Here is my messerschmitt inspired HWK

IMG_8789_zps8e5efa93.jpg

IMG_8793_zps1fce73bf.jpg

IMG_8794_zps61d42c81.jpg