REPAINTS, CONVERSIONS & SCRATCH BUILD THREAD

By Gadge, in X-Wing

Finished a few more re-paints...

Xwingrepaintsbatch21_zpsb9323247.jpg

Back shuttle is the Xmas Bauble and front is the FFG shuttle, as you can see the FFG is slightly smaller

Xwingrepaintsbatch25_zps05d79506.jpg

This is the Xmas bauble shuttle, frankly its much better than the official FFG version and it lights up and plays the Empire march!

Xwingrepaintsbatch23_zpsd581008d.jpg

Even though I was one of the special few who had the personalised version of this stock shuttle with actual fingerprints from the little Chinese guy who dipped it in a bucket of emulsion (I kid you not) I still forced myself to re-paint...

Xwingrepaintsbatch24_zps7662ddfd.jpg

Slave 1

Xwingrepaintsbatch22_zpsaa5bfc4d.jpg

Spiced up the two Ace Interceptors with a few extra wings, an idea blatantly copied from Major Tom because it looks brilliant and I have no shame...cheers Tom :)

Xwingrepaintsbatch26_zps91cc3848.jpg

Finally finished all the little chaps, up to date right now so can paint as they release, just I time for the next wave of Star Trek AW! :)

Falcon, Hawk, Tie Defender and Phantom done in this batch, still unsure whether I can be bothered to purchase the E-wing and headhunter right now but will probably end up with them in the name of a complete collection and to give more choice in games

Xwingrepaintsbatch32_zpsa85e36fb.jpg

Kept the Falcon as standard, just spruced it up a little

Xwingrepaintsbatch34_zps36f9d744.jpg

Re painted the Hawk

Xwingrepaintsbatch35_zps1a4e7285.jpg

Defender and Phantom, basically just touched up and brought out the details and added the cloaking effect to the Phantom

Xwingrepaintsbatch36_zpsdf6c82fd.jpg

Xwingrepaintsbatch37_zpscb9adc2c.jpg

Grabbed some brilliant templates and cards from 'afewmaneuvers.com' by sans_fi. After playing around with the scale of the ship template got it to fit on my custom ISD base, voila a 'working ISD for my games using the huge ship rules. Of course, the 'special' people among us will be tearing their hair out screaming 'WHAT ABOUT SCALE' but frankly I don't care when I can have a couple of destroyers trading broad sides while the little guys are weaving in and out doing what they do best, finally getting a little bit of my keen back for X-wing with the prospect of huge battles like this, it's what SW is all about IMO! My new 6 x 3 space mat is preparing for some action!

ISD1_zps91c84eb6.jpg

ISD2_zps0b22e0b8.jpg

Re-painted the Z-95 and E-wing. Just brought out the detail with a little extra shading and lining really. Zed is really growing on me, I actually like the shape and look better than the X-wing!

ZedandEwing2_zpsecdbfba9.jpg

ZedandEwing3_zps488a53d1.jpg

ZedandEwing4_zpsad5f75f0.jpg

Grabbed some brilliant templates and cards from 'afewmaneuvers.com' by sans_fi. After playing around with the scale of the ship template got it to fit on my custom ISD base, voila a 'working ISD for my games using the huge ship rules. Of course, the 'special' people among us will be tearing their hair out screaming 'WHAT ABOUT SCALE' but frankly I don't care when I can have a couple of destroyers trading broad sides while the little guys are weaving in and out doing what they do best, finally getting a little bit of my keen back for X-wing with the prospect of huge battles like this, it's what SW is all about IMO! My new 6 x 3 space mat is preparing for some action!

ISD1_zps91c84eb6.jpg

ISD2_zps0b22e0b8.jpg

Those templates are great - I have one in A1 size, but there is no way I'd add a 3D model on top - it would be to huge to transport.

I really like the yellow trim on the shuttle.

Everyones work is really cool (and aren't loom bands awesome for target locks!) but the yellow/white shuttle caught my eye.

I liek the repositioned angles on the ships, magnets?

anychance of an idiots guide on how to put them on, where to get them from etc?

Really love those 2 shuttles Bulldog... especially the yellow stripping.. would go good with my school bus repaint.. lol.

I need to get another ... or 2 and do some more repaints.. I think something similar to what you've done. Of course with my own twist to it.. ;)

Here's another one to get it back up top. :)

I forgot about something special I'd built for my old fleet: a fully articulated X-wing! :D

DSCN5753_zps63ba8cb5.jpg

DSCN5754_zpsdc559d76.jpg

Oh my gosh! That's also awsome. I've just realized you said the wings are foldable! How did you do that? Magnets? LEGO? Please, please... share with us the technique... :D

Wow!!! Trully a master piece!!!

Thank you! :D

I thought I would share my Tie Phantom cloaking repaint...

2014-09-17_12-23-35_529.jpg

I totally want to do a phantom repaint but cant decide whether to do it on a clear one or stock one.

I think inks on a clear one for the 'cloaked' bit would look amazing

IMG_20140917_213756_wm_zpsxfq44aor.jpg

My most recent Firespray-31.

Are you doing this for your own collection or painting commissions.. you must have about ten firesprays by now! :)

Nothing fancy, I was just not very impressed with the stock paintjob on these birds.

3YUU5iQ.jpg

JafTzqE.jpg

Edited by Urrgok

Nothing fancy, I was just not very impressed with the stock paintjob on these birds.

These are BY FAR my favorite TIE repaints. Beautiful work.

Hey look! A stealth X-Wing and a bump!

25018gi.jpg

Painting Source, Brian Wood's Star Wars comic book series (which is excellent if you're looking for a good read):

9qec61.jpg

Are you doing this for your own collection or painting commissions.. you must have about ten firesprays by now! :)

I sell them on eBay! Follow my Instagram or twitter for the inside scoop on when one is posted!

Edited by TabletopXwingPilot

Ah thats cool, very nice work all the same. I just didnt know if you were one of those people who has hundreds of ships!

I like the 'stealth' xwing.

I save total repaints until its either something i really need or i've already got a flight (four to me) of one type and want the other flight to look a bit different.

Once rebel aces is out i plan to eventually have a blue white a wing flight and repaint by existing red ones.

3YUU5iQ.jpg

JafTzqE.jpg

Wow... nice... did you also paint the back windows? I would love to see that :P

Time to go back to the future!

Started work on a space station and some Debris fields for X-wing/Attack wing

Basic shape of the station has been fleshed out

StationWIP2_zps47ab2275.jpg

StationWIP4_zps88ff07fe.jpg

Breaks down for easy storage

StationWIP1_zps2b6b676f.jpg

Also made up some parts to create Debris fields, Asteroids and Asteroid installations!

Debris and space junk

AsteroidsWIP1_zps58bde57a.jpg

Asteroids of various sizes

AsteroidsWIP10_zps7a710b0d.jpg

Some little Asteroid bases, weapon platforms, etc and the mandatory SPACE SLUG!

AsteroidsWIP11_zpsee6f458c.jpg

Found a little time to assemble some debris fields, came out quite nice, just got to create a time machine so I can find the time to paint them now!

Some debris fields assembled

asteroids1_zps59524cd4.jpg

asteroids3_zps8de89e5d.jpg

'Roids are removable to allow placement of ships

asteroids4_zpsaf830faa.jpg

Some standard 'roids, I apologise for the lack of potatoes!

asteroids6_zps8a899025.jpg

Some bases and facilities. I intend to link these using the walkways and magnets to create a network, I figure it would be fun to incorporate it into games and assign each section an ability, rather like huge ships

asteroids7_zpsad8792d0.jpg

Space slug, careful he is hungry!

asteroids8_zps1d10eb00.jpg