Garden of Morr Needs Tweaking

By Rhiga, in Warhammer: Diskwars

The Terrain Card States that Garden of Morr would have a Vampire Count Caster unit GAIN Reanimate 1 and looking through the entire collection of disks of vampire counts there is only one caster in the entire army that could benefit from this (Isabella von Carstein) as all the other casters in the army already have the reanimate ability already. It would make more sense if the Terrain stated the casters gain Reanimate +1 to boost their necromantic powers or have the terrain grant Mobile which would indeed aid their casters who could renimate after their flip to overlap it. So far there seems to be little to no benefit to selecting the terrain piece on that side even for the vampire counts, as selecting the Farmstead would give every unit overlapping it Stalwart, an extremely better option.

Edited by Rhiga

Remember that multiple instances of Reanimate will stack together.

Mannfred will have Reanimate 3 while he overlaps the Garden of Moor.

Remember that multiple instances of Reanimate will stack together.

Mannfred will have Reanimate 3 while he overlaps the Garden of Moor.

Oh? Perhaps I missed that part reading the rulebook, does that mean the Dwarven Shield Wall Ability will stack with other guards too? Can you point where in the rules that states that multiple instances of a keyword stack? I seriously can't find anywhere in the rules after multiple readthroughs of the rulebook, the FAQ, and both expansions stating that keywords stack and I would seriously appreciate help finding it. Regardless I still think the Farmstead is far better lol but still.

Edited by Rhiga

Any of the "numbered" keywords (reanimate, guard, impact, etc.) stack.

The following is taken form the Sniper Troll's excellent blog, and is the result of a rules clarification he received from game developers:

Q: Do multiple instance of the same keyword applied to a disk stack (i.e. do the Karaz-a-Karak Hammerers raise their ability from Guard 1 to Guard 2 when under the effect of the Shield Wall command card?).
A: All keywords with a numerical value stack. All keywords without a numerical value are binary, and having multiple copies provides no benefit.

Also, they gave an example of reanimate stacking in some of the previews if memory serves.

Hope this helps!

I knew it was in there somewhere, but was too lazy to look. Thanks for pulling that up.

Thank you for finding that, that needs to be in the rules and/or errata. For it to only be mentioned in the newsletter and in a blog is quite unintuative I literally spent hours looking through official rules looking for it after my friend and I played a game

Edited by Rhiga