Remind me of World of Darkness. This is a good thing!

By Revanchist7, in Zombie Apocalypse

World of Darkness is one of the more popular games with my group, and I'm certainly getting the same vibe those games give me from this one. Very very excited.

End of the World: Gehenna!

Given how sh*tty Onyx Path has made the world of darkness line, along with their very unprofessional "we will get to it when we get to it" business practices, I will gladly try this. I've been needing to tell some good horror stories.

Given how sh*tty Onyx Path has made the world of darkness line

What? :lol:

Given how sh*tty Onyx Path has made the world of darkness line, along with their very unprofessional "we will get to it when we get to it" business practices,

As oposed to letting old world of darkness just die out? Clearly making a 20th aniversary version of their major WoD RPGs is a terible thing!

What ARE you talking about?

Breaking release dates is ok, things happen. But breaking release dates without so much as a peep as to why and when the product will be available is poor business practice.

You also can't relegate a product to a coming someday status (exalted 3rd ed) and count on customers to wait indefinitely. Feel free to support them if you like but they got the last of my money.

Back to the topic at hand, I am very excited for this game as is my group.

Given how sh*tty Onyx Path has made the world of darkness line, along with their very unprofessional "we will get to it when we get to it" business practices,

As oposed to letting old world of darkness just die out? Clearly making a 20th aniversary version of their major WoD RPGs is a terible thing!

The old WoD didn't die out. It was killed on purpose. Dermaius has a valid point though. OP has far to many lines and not enough money or people to support it. Projects get announced and then take years to come out. In the case of Exalted some people have paid for a book via a KS they ran with no clue how many years they have to wait to get the book they purchased.

Overall they have a slipshod way of doing things.

I hope this game is hands down better. But it's FFG so I'm not worried.

With FFG, all you need to worry about is copy-pasting, poor proofreading and no Erratas.

I realize I sound cynical, but talking about RPG publishers and developers, that's actually not that bad.

Yeah, I can at least accept the copy pasting here since the systems are meant to be the same save what you deal with in them.

With FFG, all you need to worry about is copy-pasting, poor proofreading and no Erratas.

I realize I sound cynical, but talking about RPG publishers and developers, that's actually not that bad.

Don't forget poor book binding! Altough that's probably restricted to just dark heresy 2.

Yeah, I can at least accept the copy pasting here since the systems are meant to be the same save what you deal with in them.

Agree. In theory character creation would be (almost) exactly the same in the four games. maybe some skill being better in some settings (being able to bluff your way out of things might work with aliens or gods, but not at all with machines or zombies)

Yeah no matter how bad FF gets with RPG's atleast it's not World of Synnibarr, or HoL (but HoL was awesome anyway)

The old WoD didn't die out. It was killed on purpose. Dermaius has a valid point though. OP has far to many lines and not enough money or people to support it. Projects get announced and then take years to come out. In the case of Exalted some people have paid for a book via a KS they ran with no clue how many years they have to wait to get the book they purchased.

Overall they have a slipshod way of doing things.

I hope this game is hands down better. But it's FFG so I'm not worried.

Ah yeah the whole Gehenna metaplot. You are correct, that was the history eraser button." hey folks let start again with new settings!" While i kinda prefer Owod, i have to admit Nwod Exalted was really impressive. What i mean with not let it die out was it's nice they made the 30th aniv books for people who prefer old world over new orld. But i didn't know they their production schedual was that bad. I hope they get some more people and money to get their act together.

Ah yeah the whole Gehenna metaplot. You are correct, that was the history eraser button." hey folks let start again with new settings!" While i kinda prefer Owod, i have to admit Nwod Exalted was really impressive. What i mean with not let it die out was it's nice they made the 30th aniv books for people who prefer old world over new orld. But i didn't know they their production schedual was that bad. I hope they get some more people and money to get their act together.

Yeah sadly some of the other lines have suffered for the 20ths. Like Exalted has been KS and paid for and since then I think they did Werewolf 20 and Mage 20 and both of those will be out well before Exalted which is currently in limbo despite the fact that it's an already funded book. If I had kicked in for KS I would be livid by now.

I am looking forward though to an alterantive in horror related rpgs. I think the business does best when there is more than one company producing a theme. Like fantasy rpgs. I think they have progressive better with the introduction of games like 13th Age and Pathfinder in addition to the traditional D&D. So I think this will give the horror/survival genre some fresh blood.

I can live witha little bit of bad editing and some c&p :)

A bad binding might annoy me though.

It will certainly be intresting to see how this game will differ from All flesh must be eaten, and Outbreak undead. (thats the ones closest to the basic premise of zombie apocalypse)

There s quite some intresting horror rpg stuff out there. Like Cthulhutech: It's Call of cthulhu, meets cyberpunk, meets Evangelion, meets Guyver, meets Gundam...

I've seen Cthulhutech but haven't read it. I have seen their other game, the Void, and find it to be good.