Starting with Tannhauser

By Valieman, in Tannhauser

Hey guys.

I'm gonna buy Tannhauser (when it's available again, all shops are out of stock right now or they charge ridiculous prices) soon and i wanted to ask some simple questions:

1). Are the additional (expension) maps usable TOGETHER with the starting map from the core set? Or are they stand-alone maps? It's not totally clear when i read forums and watch youtube....

2). To start with i'm gonna buy the core set and the equipment cards. What is the next purchase in your optinion? I've read about troop packs, but there are a lot. Which ones do i need to expand the core set? Or do i need to buy extra map packs first before i can use those troop packs?

I'm looking forward to your reaction. Greetz from the Netherlands!!!!

1. Yes. New rules in operation Hinansho allow you to use multiple maps and expanded forces.

2. Good luck on the equipment cards. They've been out of print since forever :(

Factions : read the News section about Tannhauser. They detail all the troops, heroes and capabilities and will help you decide.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?etyn=1&epn=0&ecan=36&earmn=&earyn=&esen=

Pricing : Miniatures Market has great deals on Tannhauser stuff, and their shipping costs are reasonable (I don't live in the USA myself). Thanks to them, Ive got EVERYTHING Tannhauser for a reasonable price.

Yeah, sadly the equipment cards did not stay in stock long. However, each new expansion that came out after the the equipment cards were released came packaged with their own cards. Fantasy Flight keeps promising that Tannhauser is not gone for good and they will eventually return with new product and new printings of older product. I'm hoping that the new printings will come with their cards so you don't have to purchase the set separately. They did something similar in the past with the games rule book. A little after Tannhauser was released it went through some pretty big rule changes. Fans with older copies could by the new rules as a *.pdf file, or an actual, tangible rule book. After the new rule book was released all of the the newer copies were being packaged inside.

Now, I am a huge Tannhauser fan, I have all the expansions (including duplicate character expansions that allow players to field more than one of the same character), but if I could pick just one to recommend to new and old players alike, I would choose Wolf. He's a mercenary that fits well in any faction, and comes with the special object... Jack-Of-All-Trades: Ability. During setup when packs are chosen, Wolf's player selects two characteristics, two skills, or one characteristic and one skill. A selected characteristic gets a +1 bonus for the entire game; a selected skill is added to your repertoire for the entire game. This makes him extremely versatile for which ever scenario you plan to play. For one last reason I chose Wolf, ... HE LOOKS FRICKIN' BAD ASS!

Hi,

I also new to Tannhäuser. I read that there is a ton of material: scenarios, campaigns,etc. Sadly the pages mentioned in this forum in previous posts are mostly down such as blackarchives. I wonder if someone have compiled fan scenarios in this forum or uploaded somewhere so I can get more material. If you could give me some links I will be grateful.Thanks in advance

Hello, picking up tannhauser again after a few years...but what happened to all the stuff that was on the net? there used to be scenario's and such, but now there's no link whatsover here?

could i find missions somewhere? :-(