Ki Accumulation

By Tanin Wulf, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Another question as I'm stumbling through the various portions of this beautiful but crunch-heavy game (taking a bit of time to absorb).

Accumulation Multiple: in the class description it says if I purchase Ki Accumulation I raise the accumulation of a characteristic by 1 (so if I have a DEX accumulation of 2, that sounds like I can turn it into 3). However, the class itself calls this an Accumulation Multiple - this does NOT mean I multiply a given ability by what I purchased, does it? (That is, I purchase 1 Accumulation Multiple, my DEX Accumulation does not go from 2 to 4, does it?)

Also, just to be sure I'm understanding all of this: I have a pool of Ki seperated by abilities. My accumulation, per ability, determines how fast I can access that pool, correct?

Thanks!

The word "Multiple" is not really a good choice, because you're right : 1 Acc Multiple + Acc in DEX 2 = Acc in DEX 3. It's an addition, not a multiplication. It's the same for Magical Accumulation. (in fact, it multiples the base by one more each time you buy a multiple : base 1 * 2 when you have 1 multiples, base 1 * 3 when you have 2 multiples, etc.)

You're right for your last sentence. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Magical Accumulation seems to be an actual multiple though (like the example on pg 109). Life Points Multiple is actually a multiple too it seems (though it's a bit obfuscated because you're multiplying the CON score that is added to the base life points). So Ki Accumulation Multiplication seems to be the only one that's not actually a multiple.

Weird...

Oh yes, and thanks for the info. =)

This game looks like a blast, I just have to figure it all out first!

Tanin Wulf said:

Magical Accumulation seems to be an actual multiple though (like the example on pg 109). Life Points Multiple is actually a multiple too it seems (though it's a bit obfuscated because you're multiplying the CON score that is added to the base life points). So Ki Accumulation Multiplication seems to be the only one that's not actually a multiple.

Weird...

Not exactly, MA add the base to itself, as Ki Acc. The example says : Exode has an MA base = 5, he buys 2 multiples in addition to the initial multiple , for a total = 3. So, he has total MA = 15 (base 5 * 3). Each MA multiple he bought adds one time more the base to itself. If the base increases, the total increases too.
If it was truly a multiple, buying 2 multiples, you'll get base*2 so 10, and you've bought the first multiple for nothing.

It's the same for Ki Acc : if you have base 1 and you buy 2 multiple, you get base 3. So, each multiple adds one time the base to itself.

Well, anyway, I think you've understood... so... gui%C3%B1o.gif

In your example Ysalaine, it was the "base" that was multiplied for MA, but always an hypothetical base of 1 for the Ki Acc. But the base Ki Acc depends on the characteristics, and is not always 1, like the MA. But the multiples still grant an increase of 1 only. So, it's not the same system.

Oh, I'm sorry gui%C3%B1o.gif so it's not a multiple at all in fact ^^

The ki multiple always give you +1 to one atribute acumulation, the final accumulation is the number of multiples purcheased plus the acc. gived by the atribute.

Final Accumulation = Base acc. + NÂș of multiples bought(1 multple, 1 acc.).
In other words, no is the same that Magic acc. where you plus your base one time for each multiple you buy

Magical Acc = MACbase x (multiples purcheased+1) + Special

It's kinda weird to read what is in the book AND that you just wrote, rewritten in other words by someone else... and sometimes, rewritten twice or more this way... Anyway, several ways to say the same thing maybe help people to understand, after all ! ^^

Well I'm pretty sure I have it now, so thanks for the answers, everyone. The CS-major in me looks at multiple and thinks it's suppossed to multiply, so that's why it takes me a bit to make the cognitive jump.