Average time from FFG reveal to release

By Kias, in Chaos in the Old World

Has anyone noticed how early FFG usually unviels their games before making them available? I remember Android seemed to come out fairly quick, but that might have been part of the marketing campaign. I suppose this is just as constructive a way as I could imagine to get a feel for when I can get my hands on this box-o-awesome.

So, how long a wait do folks think it will be before the game goes uup for sale?

Kias said:

Has anyone noticed how early FFG usually unviels their games before making them available? I remember Android seemed to come out fairly quick, but that might have been part of the marketing campaign. I suppose this is just as constructive a way as I could imagine to get a feel for when I can get my hands on this box-o-awesome.

So, how long a wait do folks think it will be before the game goes uup for sale?

I think the website said it comes out in fall, so maybe preorders will start in august?

It seems that for the past year or so, FFG has been pretty good about hitting the mark, give or take a month. Android was special in that it was the big Christmas surprise. I would say expect about a month or two delay, only because there may be an army that gets produced in the wrong color or some other unforseen screw up in the manufacturing process that had nothing to do with their design. The release dates are also for distributors who have to know in advance when to expect something, so usually they are told the absolute earliest possible date just in case everything goes right.

About this game in particular, I've never played Warhammer and I'm not familiar with the characters, but the theme of the game sounds great. Its one of those "Never heard of it before, but now I REALLY want it. A lot."

I figure this Game will give me a chance to break out some of my WH Chaos figs I painted up years ago.I just preordered this from Thoughthammer (while I have the $)but I figure its still 2-3 months off.

OD

My local game store's website lists it arriving in ca. August 09. I'll take that with a pinch of salt though. Middle Earth Quest has no approx. date on that site so far.