Expansion planned?

By shawn_low2, in Blue Moon City

Since Blue Moon has had so many deck expansions, can we expect an expansion for this game anytime soon?

A perfect inclusion would be the two expansion tiles distributed by Spielebox. There could be new tiles and new race cards?

shawn_low said:

Since Blue Moon has had so many deck expansions, can we expect an expansion for this game anytime soon?

A perfect inclusion would be the two expansion tiles distributed by Spielebox. There could be new tiles and new race cards?

I haven't played the card game, simply because I haven't been that interested in it, but are there more races created for the universe? New tiles and maybe new mechanics would be nice though, since it would fresh up the game. After a few games, it feels a little samey.

There were actually 4 tiles distributed by Spielebox. 2 different ones in 2 magaxines publications.

I would like to have alternative tiles to swap as an expansion with different mechanics.

I like the size of the board as it is now so making alternatives to replace others would be a good idea.

Doesn't really need one.

You can download expansion titles? Is this a computer game or something?

It's listed under Board Games so no. You can download and print the "Expansions" because they're hard to get (I just ordered mine from the spielbox magazine website - but it was costly).

what is the cheapest you guys have seen the expansion tiles for?

Well except from buying it straight from spiel-box, i haven't really seen it. Unless you download it, in that case, it's for free :D

I find the game is good as-is, doesn't need any expansions. Adding more tiles, cards and special rules would simply be a burden to this fun and simple game.

I managed to get my hands on one of the spielbox issues with the tiles and got the theatre and the Golden Palace.

Both are very interesting tiles in their own right but they also changed the layout of the board, making movment and position tactically even more important. The worst thing in Blue Moon City is being stuck with a turn doing nothing, and before we added to the two extra tiles that wasn't so much an issue. (Plus we see the grey movement cards played alot more often)

Haven't played with all 4 yet, but they are very well balanced and slot eligently into the game.

fnord - thanks for that info, I have been thinking of downloading them , I think that might motivate me!

Game On'

I enjoy playing with all 4 of the expansion tiles. I do keep them always at the 4 corners as their power is too much to mix in with the normal tiles. This makes an early race to the tile that gives 2 extra cards at the end of your turn and changes the tactics of the game. I find the 4 extra tiles makes for a more fun and strategic game. I would not think of playing without them. I made all of my tiles from the free download files.

Wish the extra tiles would be published again, somehow, with the same card stock as the original tiles. I would buy them for sure.

Just downloaded the expansion tiles. Love that you can only complete the theatre with green cards.

Would definitely pay to have these in the original cardstock. *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*

Hendal said:

fnord - thanks for that info, I have been thinking of downloading them , I think that might motivate me!

Game On'

We consider the expansion cards to be "must-have." I bought them through Spielbox so it cost a bit, but considering how much I like Blue Moon City it was worth it.