Dark Forces?

By spectre113, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Some of you might have seen a couple of my posts about stuff related to the Dark Forces games (Kyle Katarn, the Moldy Crow, Jan Ors, Dark Troopers, Jerec, ect.) and I started thinking "Hey, Dark Forces ITSELF was kind of like Imperial Assault." I realize that this might be a touch of wishlisting here, but, man, would it be cool if one of the FFG releases was actually the Mission to Danuta, where Kyle assaults an Imperial base and steals the Death Star plans. Or when Kyle extracts Crix Madine from an Imperial prison. Or the final showdown against Rhom Moc aboard the Arc Hammer .

But then, that might be the draw of Imperial Assault. We've all played games like that, and that's how the movies were written: a few brave souls going up against hopeless odds to fight for a cause bigger than themselves.

Yeah, I've seen those posts and they were very exciting. I am 100% behind a Dark Forces expansion. It may not follow the exact missions of the game, but if it has Dark Troopers and the other main characters, I would be so excited!

Jan Orrs

Kyle Katarn

Crix Madine

Mon Monthma?

General Mohc

Dark Trooper phase I

Dark Trooper phase II

Dark Trooper phase III

Gran

Dianoga

More stormtrooper poses?

The figure possibilities are so thrilling!

As cool and perfect as it would be to have Kyle, Jan, Crix and others for player characters, They will most likely end up being Hero Expansions in which you can like Han or Luke, Call upon them to help during a mission. Still he Dark Troopers would be awesome to fight against!

As cool and perfect as it would be to have Kyle, Jan, Crix and others for player characters, They will most likely end up being Hero Expansions in which you can like Han or Luke, Call upon them to help during a mission. Still he Dark Troopers would be awesome to fight against!

Definitely true, Yagyu. Mohc would also likely be a Villain Pack and be included in the expansion as only a cardboard token.

It would be tricky to explain how the heroes get involved with the Dark Trooper project, though. Kyle pretty much one-man-armied through the Dark Trooper Project.

Perhaps he just took care of the main factory, Maybe the player heroes are given info from kyle to take down a seperate smaller facility. Technically also ffg can rewrite Dark Forces as canon since the old games are part of legends. So who knows. Still it would be cool and is likely that Kyle and either Mohk or Jerek will make appearences as Hero and Villain packs, as they have already shown up in X-wing and the TCG. Or maybe we will get lucky and they will be released as player heroes! (Doubt that but I stll can hope) lol.

I fully expect a big Dark Forces campaign expansion. The folks at FFG seem to like the Dark Forces series, based on the LCG. Heck, they even gave Kyle his Lightside accurate yellow saber from Jedi Knight. And looking at how the Trandoshan figures seem to have the cannon they had in the first game, I am quite excited to see what other Dark Forces stuff makes it into the game (still have my SWM Darktroopers for making my own scenarios anyway).