Wish list

By Buhallin, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

I'm not sure anyone was expecting something like this for X-wing, and I have to say it's a great idea. That said, and accepting that it's a beta, there are a number of important features that feel like they're missing:

• More colors on areas. Rebel/Imperial setup is great, but obviously we're going to need one for Scum soon, and others for objectives. No real reason to limit it to just Red/Blue.
  • Alignment/snap to grid for the map. Especially for setup areas, having to align the areas pixel-by-pixel is annoying.
  • More backgrounds.
  • Keyboard controls for rotation/movement/deletion

That covers mine, I'm sure others have more :)

I'll chime in. Disclaimer: I haven't read all the threads yet, just glanced at the topic titles.

Currently there are three areas for entering text: Setup, Special Rules, and Objective. I would like to see a "Mission Description" or something like that where you can briefly write an in-universe description of the mission. Why is Han stranded in space for three turns? Why does the mission require Jan Ors to safely make it back off the Rebel edge of the map? We can understand the gameplay, but scenarios seem hollow without the addition of a important background details.

EDIT: This type of section is on (almost?) every one of the printed missions, so it stands to reason that it should be included here.

Edited by Parakitor

I would like to have a "clone unit" button... makes creating swarms easier

I would like the mission browser to have filters to remove missions that I don't have the units and/or cards to play.

I spent quite a long time trawling through missions and on most of them I was missing parts so they were not much use (without modifying them myself)...

Edited by stuartturner

I'm pretty tickled by this. I think it's awesome that this is essentially being crowdsourced, and FFG can also get some idea of what sorts of collections its most devoted fans have.

Since this is a wish list thread, let me toss my number 1 missing element:

Flavor Text

You have setup, special rules, and objective. But what about the antecedent text that gives us an idea of what the narrative background of the mission is, and what the narrative stakes are?

Ability to change map size after initial selection.

Ability to Delete mission.

I'm pretty tickled by this. I think it's awesome that this is essentially being crowdsourced, and FFG can also get some idea of what sorts of collections its most devoted fans have.

Since this is a wish list thread, let me toss my number 1 missing element:

Flavor Text

You have setup, special rules, and objective. But what about the antecedent text that gives us an idea of what the narrative background of the mission is, and what the narrative stakes are?

This is what tried to say above, but yours comes across much clearer. Nicely done.

Edited by Parakitor