Cross Edge

By Smazzurco, in UFS Off Topic

Anyone else get this awesome-sause of a game? I worked 14hours yesterday and didnt get to play it much, but after playing for 10minutes and having morrigan come to my rescue and getting like a 31hit guard break, overkill combo i am hooked.

Only complaint is having to hit X during conversations.

I meant to ask you yesterday when I saw you on PSN if you were enjoying this game. It looks cool and I am a big fan of most of the characters in the game. It is good ot hear you are enjoying it.

I can't wait to play it! I know KawaiiMistress will second my motion.

...but I'm in the middle of Lost Odyssey and I can't rip myself away just yet.

Cross Edge makes me rage.

its definately not an epic rpg or anything, but it is definately fun. I can't stand "rpgs" like oblivion. This game is a nice twist on old jrpg.

Don't expect it to be like FF7 or even FF4. But i am loving the combo orientated battle system and the oldschool feel of the graphics.

1) I can't exactly play it.

2) I probably wouldn't if I wanted to. I liked NIS games when Disgaea 1 first came out. I then started to loathe them as time went around.

Well since I'm still a huge NIS fan girl (100+ hour on Disgaea 3 as of now...I believe?) this was a god send....that and a huge fan of Morrigan.

The battle system is interesting in that they attempted to combine the battle system of every single game that was part of this cross over, the result is relatively confusing at first.

Also...anyone else find this game hard? I'm just playing on normal difficulty and enemies are ko-ing me constantly when they arrive in groups of 5 or more...I think I have -300 gold?

well as far as the text...i found during "cust scenes" pressing start makes it "auto-move" so it is more like a movie.

Pressing Square puts it in "skip" and the scenes just fly by (incase not your first playthru)

Not sure about normal, but i am playing on hard (all items carry over to consecutive playthrus on hard, not on normal) and although i may "die" a lot, i am not having too many problems. I took care of the first prinny fight at level 6-7, where some others said they are getting mopped up at level 10.

Its all about placement and taking advantage when you can. Morrigan floats and can move (called "shift" in this game) around the map without penalty. Have your characters aligned so AoE doesnt hit them, then have morrigan fly in on your turn so that you can heal all 3 characters, then have her fly back out to safety.

Also learn to combo/Ex combo and learn how to combine a level 1 combo with a level 1 combo to make a level 2. Most common early one being Ayatone and York making trick step, then making trip step again to make sneaky steps.

Battle system is tons of fun. I am finally understanding synthing. And the trick with weapons/attacks is that each weapon has predertimined slots, and can only take the amount and type of attacks fitted to that weapon

This game was pretty fun when I started it I haven't got around to getting into it though :( Getting Morrigan was my biggest fear when I started it I figured you'd have to do 80 million side quests or get her really late into the game lol...

My workdays are 12-16 hours generally and I always have something going on at least one day on the weekend, plus usually UFS on saturday so i unfortunately have not had much time to play it iether :(

however i have found that i have been getting about 2 hours less sleep a night to get in a lil bit :)

Im at the 2nd Etna/Prinny fight....ouch