My Decks as of now (Awesomeness!!!)

By GTrogi, in Gummi Garage

Alright, I have two decks right now (one agrro, one WR)

So here they are:

WR:

Player:
Sora lvl 1 promo (mersora) -good power and lvl 1 to go first

Friends:
Mickey Mouse (the king) -Doi
Tidus x2 -get rid of owls and crabs

Cid -too good
Tigger -huhuhuhu
Pinnochio x3 - 1 million uses, against aggro stop heartlessses, against WR kill worlds and badguys
Phil x2 -Power + no aeroga/stopra for you
Herc lvl 1 x2 -Power
Beast lvl 1 -Power
Peter Pan lvl 1 x2 -Gargoyles/Stealth Sneak
Jack lvl 1 x2 - Decent Power + Tink Casting

King Triton x2 -Power/Tink Casting
Ariel lvl 2 -Psudo Heal/Tink Casting

Magic Friends:

Tinker Bell lvl 1 -Healing FTW -Needed against aggro
Tinker Bell lvl 2 x2

Attack:
Ultima Weapon -Attacks Straight Forward
Oblivion
OathKeeper x3

Dark:
Jafar x3 -This combo is in here to stall other WRs seeing as how I have no other aggro stratagie to stop them (a parasite cage wont do anything)
Jafar Genie x3
Dragon Maleficent -Pure Power

World:
Disney Castle lvl 1 x2 -Ok heres the thing 13 worlds, I can't be afraid to drop a world here or there and get it back on the re-shuffle,
Which is doable against aggro because of the tinks, however you do not wanna do this against another WR

Monstro lvl 1 x2 - Needed to stop the devistating ducks and not let them have pooh + CCat + sebastian + owl
Traverse town lvl 3 x2
Hollow Bastion lvl 3 x1

Totals:
42 cards + Player Card

Alright the idea of this deck (which I love) is only 1 friend (ariel lvl 2) that I can't play right off the start (thats right no cloud, and its a better deck than any I've made with cloud imo) with decent power and a couple of pans, most everything (heartlesswise) can be killed, although with monstro out, as in any WR it isn't always possible to kill things quick enough which is why I don't think WR is the way to go, and although fun I think my aggro is alot better.

Match ups:
Aggro: It does as good as a WR can against Aggro :P
Dark: Should have no trouble with dark, enough heal and dark just doesn't have enough cards to stop my raceing
WR without Pinnochios: Should be no problem, the small deck size will help me to race to the finish first
WR with Pinnochios: Hardest matchup imo, if they can get one of my worlds I can only get it on the reshuffle and will have to play catch-up

Aggro: Awesome

Player:
Riku lvl 2 (promo) - After much playtesting and contemplation I've finally come to beleive he is better than riku 3, I wont get into the reasons now, but I find the definitive advatage is gained with riku 2 going first over riku 3

Friends:
The King
Tidus x2 -Kill a lvl 0 than simba away the other two
Owl x2 -Stop those tinks/simbas
The Mayor -Search those simba casters

Pinnochios x3 -No way you shouldn't be running three of these guys :) , + bridge to lvl 2
Phil x2 -Great Power + great effect (note: the 2 fewer power than tigger is more than maken up by the effect, no stopras please!)
Cid
Moogle -Makes bridging in a pinch easy as pie :)

King triton x2
Jack lvl 2 x2 -Two of these guys, can cast simba and jack lvl 2 + alt herc lvl 3 = bouncy bouncy p.cage
Ceshire cat -Needed against WR. play two Darks on those d.isles and monstros

Jack lvl 3
Herc lvl 3 (Alt) - Bouncy bouncy

Sephiroth lvl 4 x2 - Doi!!!

Magic Friends:
Simba lvl 3 x3 - toooooo good, good against both aggro and WR, just a clutch card

Attack:
Soul Eater x3 - Aggro
Ultima Weapon
Oblivion

Dark:
Parasite Cage x3 - Amazing, leads to simba lvl 3, + bouncy bouncy + good power for stopping
Captain Hook x3 - Again amazing, good power, no tinks + no bridging from wendy => pan
Dragon Maleficent x2 - Pure Power Baby

World:
Monstro lvl 1 x2 - So much fun, since I'm not playing a pooh + sebastian + owl + phil + ducks wall I need these for non monstro WRs
Destiny Island lvl 1 x2 - Hello king + moogle or king + sephy, or king + Dark Card or Mayor + search or Owl + no tinks for you + ....... just too good

Totals:
42 Cards + Player Card

Straigt forward aggro great bridging speed and consistency - note no tinker bells... this is a good thing, tink is a dead draw against WRs and against other aggro most times I find tink only useful when your set up and they're not, which is when you don't need tink, I'd rather draw something to help me bridge and simba the're stuff to get a long term advatage, instead of just buying me another turn or two.

Match ups:
Aggro: Great - Faster and more consistant than most
WR: Great - 8 is more than enough, especially with monstro bouncing cages simbas and king to find what you need
Dark: .... ya its dark

There you have it, feel free to question and comment and critique :)

I love how much thought you've put into these decks! They both appear to play very smoothly. Good job! I took some tips from you ;)

I'd love to help you playtest them. Just drop me a message:

[email protected]

Thanks demonofturks, ya feel free to drop me a line too, I'm kinda busy in the next little bit, but I would definatly wanna play, especially when set 4 comes out :D , my email is [email protected]

Also a couple of small changes to my aggro :)

Nice decks, they are solid. I do have one question, that being - how do you think these decks fair against balance decks? Do you even consider what a balance deck might pack to a) out race you? or b) agro you?

Often enough, these two-headed decks have different strategies (from common agro or world race) that post problems for straightforward decks like yours.

- dut

Very solid builds sir. I'm impressed as you really seem to know what your talking about, cause I'll be honest, not a lot of players do around here...not anymore....

There's really not a whole lot about the decks I'd change...except for the lack of Behemoth in the Aggro as he's good friend control, but then again, that is Meta specific as some WRs rely on Herc/Beast + Jack and some don't. Riku 2 over Riku 3 is more of a matter of opinion anymore, lots of playtesting showed me that 3 was better in the long run because going first in the aggro matchup isn't THAT important and your constantly at a disadvantage with the level 2 having one less power....but like I said...it's more a matter of opinion anymore as I can see how 2 is good as well, it's honestly a tough call.

Sidenote: While I agree with dutpotd's advice that you should think about every type of matchup when building a deck (it's just good strategy) don't think for one second that just because your deck has a singular focus that it is at a disadvantage, quite the contrary. A Balance deck tries to do too many things at once and unless you have a perfect build and a ton of luck you will fail 9/10 times....I've come to this conclusion after playtesting balance and seeing it played by others, so I'm not just talking out of my ass here. So please take dut's advice with a grain of salt, Balance decks are not better because they don't have a single focus, they're worse because of this.

Anyway, great job sir! Will you be at GenCon this year by chance? I'd love to see how you'd fair in the big tournament and play against you myself. I'm head judge this year so I wouldn't be running into you in the tournament but a casual game would be cool. ^_^

~Mr. Dawn

Edit: Double post !

WayToTheDawn said:

Anyway, great job sir! Will you be at GenCon this year by chance? I'd love to see how you'd fair in the big tournament and play against you myself. I'm head judge this year so I wouldn't be running into you in the tournament but a casual game would be cool. ^_^

~Mr. Dawn

Thanks, I was planning on coming this year, but then a concert came up at the same time, and it was a close call but it was much shorter drive and less expensive trip so I'm going to that instead. I would love to make it to a big event some time maybe that other big one (origins?) not sure any details on it but I'll be checking that out.

For behemoth, that's another issue I thought about for a long time, but ended up concluding that my friend control is good enough and the power helps me more in the long run, although I still see them as a very playable option and like you said maybe more key in a different meta.

As far as the balance deck option goes, I did consider it but can't really think of anything I wouldn't be able to handle, from a philisophical point of view I understand how the principal of two weaknesses can work but I find I can combat both stratagies while continuing with my own and not loseing much (if any) ground doing so. and since I'm centered on one goal I should reach it first.

If there are some intense balance stratagies I'd love to here them :)

GTrogi said:

WayToTheDawn said:

~Mr. Dawn

Thanks, I was planning on coming this year, but then a concert came up at the same time, and it was a close call but it was much shorter drive and less expensive trip so I'm going to that instead. I would love to make it to a big event some time maybe that other big one (origins?) not sure any details on it but I'll be checking that out.

For behemoth, that's another issue I thought about for a long time, but ended up concluding that my friend control is good enough and the power helps me more in the long run, although I still see them as a very playable option and like you said maybe more key in a different meta.

As far as the balance deck option goes, I did consider it but can't really think of anything I wouldn't be able to handle, from a philisophical point of view I understand how the principal of two weaknesses can work but I find I can combat both stratagies while continuing with my own and not loseing much (if any) ground doing so. and since I'm centered on one goal I should reach it first.

If there are some intense balance stratagies I'd love to here them :)

Sucks you can't make it to GenCon this year sir...as for Origins, FFG isn't going to be there (money issues, go figure), but I believe some forums members are attempting to get something together casually. demonofturks I think?

And you got exactly what I was getting at with Balance...your singular focused goal will get you there faster because thats what your focused on, having to switch strategies midgame cause one way isn't working out is liking scrapping your whole game and starting over almost. Not to mention if your doing both at the same time, then your going at half the speed of your opponent.

As for "intense balance strategies" I'm sure dut there could give ya some, lol....such as it is...

Does FFG Go to/Have anything else during the year besides gencon?, between kingdom hearts and twilight imperium (and now descent too :) ) I would love to go to something like that

GTrogi said:

Does FFG Go to/Have anything else during the year besides gencon?, between kingdom hearts and twilight imperium (and now descent too :) ) I would love to go to something like that

I am running 3 events at Origins Game Fair in Columbus OH which runs from June 24-28. They are anything but casual gui%C3%B1o.gif lol. There is prize support for all of them. The official names for them are:

Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game Demo (WED @ Noon)

Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game Draft Tournament (THU @ Noon)

Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game Standard Tournament (FRI @ 1 PM)

But, they're STILL messed up on the online spread sheet I see. It's fantastic that they continually ignore my request for the events to be fixed.

****, for some reason I thought Origins was after gencon :S, unfortunatly I leave to go camping on the 27th so I won't be able to make that either :S

Are you hosting any other touneys during the year demon?

GTrogi said:

****, for some reason I thought Origins was after gencon :S, unfortunatly I leave to go camping on the 27th so I won't be able to make that either :S

Are you hosting any other touneys during the year demon?

Not any at Gen Con. WTTD is running those (I believe). Umm I may have leftover promos from Origins that I may use to run online tourneys with.

I am indeed running those, with full FFG support and swag.

Good luck with your tournaments demon! WIll I be seeing you at GenCon again this year btw?

WayToTheDawn said:

Good luck with your tournaments demon! WIll I be seeing you at GenCon again this year btw?

Definitely!

By the way, my tournaments also have full FFG support and such, not just yours.

demonofturks said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Definitely!

By the way, my tournaments also have full FFG support and such, not just yours.

I mean full FFG support as in, tons of free product, promos, and FFG Staff in person...more is available to those holding a tournament where FFG is actually go to be. ^_^