Printing from Strange Eons

By Dylath2, in Fan Creations

Sorry if this is a dumb question but when trying to print a custom deck of location cards in strange eons no matter what I try they always print out really small. Anyone able to help me out? Save my mind and budget!? ;o)

Dylath said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but when trying to print a custom deck of location cards in strange eons no matter what I try they always print out really small. Anyone able to help me out? Save my mind and budget!? ;o)

It's hard to guess what the problem might be without any information about your printer, what kind of computer you are using, what version of Java you have installed, what version of SE you are using, etc.

As a general workaround for printer problems, though, if you are having trouble printing directly to the printer, try printing to a PDF and printing the PDF instead. A printer driver that makes PDFs is part of Adobe Acrobat. You can also get a different PDF printer driver from someone else as a free download (I forget the name). Under OS X, printing to PDF is a standard option: choose print, and when the printer dialog comes up choose Save PDF.

Cheers,
Chris

Thelric said:

Dylath said:

It's hard to guess what the problem might be without any information about your printer, what kind of computer you are using, what version of Java you have installed, what version of SE you are using, etc.

As a general workaround for printer problems, though, if you are having trouble printing directly to the printer, try printing to a PDF and printing the PDF instead. A printer driver that makes PDFs is part of Adobe Acrobat. You can also get a different PDF printer driver from someone else as a free download (I forget the name). Under OS X, printing to PDF is a standard option: choose print, and when the printer dialog comes up choose Save PDF.

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks Thelric, I'll give that a try.

Sorry if I was a little vague. Just in case here is some of the info I didn't provide:

Printer: Epson Stylus C62 (getting a bit old)

Java: Forgot the version (6 maybe??) anyway it is the latest one, downloaded just the other day

SE: Installed latest version other day also (2.02 is it?)

Dylath said:

Printer: Epson Stylus C62 (getting a bit old)

Your problem might be caused by this bug , in which case it should be fixed in Java 7, and/or it may eventually be backported to Java 6. If this is the problem then I would expect printing to PDF would work fine, as I use that for most of my testing.

Cheers,
Chris

The way I printed mine from Strange Eons was by exporting it, opening it in Paint, then print. Works fine, but sized kinda small.

I should mention that if printing a PDF, be sure to choose Page Scaling: None (under Page Handling) in the print dialog or the material won't come out quite the right size.